Broadcom: Exec Insider and Institutional Investor Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Broadcom Corp. (NASDAQ:BRCM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Broadcom Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Kim Neil Y.: act as EVP, Ops. & Central Eng.. On 10/11/2011, sold 56,711 shares, worth $2,064,800.
- Tirva Robert L.: act as SVP & Corporate Controller. On 11/15/2011, sold 29,644 shares, worth $1,067,200.
- Rango Robert A.: act as EVP & GM, Mobile & Wireles Grp. On 10/26/2011, sold 12,371 shares, worth $439,200.
- Rango Robert A.: act as EVP & GM, Mobile & Wireles Grp. On 07/26/2011, sold 6,250 shares, worth $237,500.
- Ramaswami Rajiv: act as EVP & GM, Inf Net Grp. On 11/10/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $102,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Broadcom Corp. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,148,484 shares, worth $105,316,790. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,206,400 shares, worth $73,804,080. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,140,757 shares, worth $38,158,322. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ATHERTON LANE ADVISERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 392,146 shares, worth $13,117,284. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 376,685 shares, worth $12,600,113. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Broadcom Corporation provides integrated silicon solutions that enable broadband digital data transmission of voice, data, and video content to the home and within the business enterprise. The Company designs, develops, and supplies integrated circuits for cable set-top boxes, cable modems, high-speed networking, direct satellite and digital broadcast, and digital subscriber line.
Competitors to Watch: QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM), Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE:ADI), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA), Marvell Tech. Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Entropic Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENTR), PMC-Sierra, Inc. (NASDAQ:PMCS) and Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ:ZRAN).
(Note: Data regarding Broadcom Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>