Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts initiated coverage on October 20th.
- Leap Wireless (NASDAQ:LEAP): Brigantine initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $9. About the company: Leap Wireless International, Inc. provides mobile wireless services. The Company’s services are targeted to meet the needs of customers who are under-served by traditional communications companies. Leap’s Cricket service is available to customers in various states from New York to California.
- Tesco (NASDAQ:TESO): Global Hunter Securities initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Accumulate and a price target of $19. About the company: Tesco Corporation is an international oilfield service company operating worldwide. The Company designs, manufactures, sells, and operates top drive and underbalanced drilling systems, completion products, and control, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): Argus initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Hold.
- Bioanalytical Sys. (NASDAQ:BASI): Ladenburg Thalmann initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $3.75. About the company: Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. is a contract research organization providing research and development resources. The Company sells its services to pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology companies around the world.
- Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR): Stifel Nicolaus initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Hold. About the company: Gulfport Energy Corporation owns and operates oil and gas properties in the Louisiana Gulf Coast area of the United States.
- Anadarko Petro (NYSE:APC): Stifel Nicolaus initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Hold. About the company: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with international operations. In the United States, the Company operates in Texas and surrounding states, the Rocky Mountain region, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, Anadarko has exploration and/or production operations in Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Unit (NYSE:UNT): C.K. Cooper initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $75. About the company: Unit Corporation, through its subsidiaries, contracts to drill onshore oil and natural gas wells, as well as develops, acquires, and produces oil and natural gas properties. The Company’s operations are located primarily in the Anadarko and Arkoma Basins, as well as the south Texas and Permian Basins. Unit also has producing properties in other states and Canada.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>