Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold CA Technologies’ stock since 06/30/2011:
- Fischer George J: act as EVP & Grp Exec, WW Sales & Op. On 08/11/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $400,000.
- Lamm Jacob: act as EVP, Strategy & Corporate Dev. On 07/26/2011, sold 10,514 shares, worth $239,800.
- Fischer George J: act as EVP & Grp Exec, WW Sales & Op. On 08/03/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $213,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of CA Technologies in Q3 2011:
- JACOBS LEVY EQUITY MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 305,200 shares, worth $6,937,196. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LOEB ARBITRAGE MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 274,269 shares, worth $6,234,134. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARTIS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 236,500 shares, worth $5,375,645. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND GROUP PLC: On 06/30/2011, held 155,815 shares, worth $3,541,675. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NOMURA ASSET MANAGEMENT U.K. LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 117,400 shares, worth $2,668,502. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: CA, Inc. designs, develops, markets, licenses, and supports standardized computer software products. The Company’s products are used with mainframe computers and in client/server environments. CA offers various enterprise systems management, information management, and business applications solutions to a variety of organizations.
Competitors to Watch: Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), BMC Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC), Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:QSFT), Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC), and Compuware Corporation (NASDAQ:CPWR).
(Note: Data regarding CA Technologies’ stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>