Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of CA Technologies in Q3 2011:
- INTERNATIONAL VALUE ADVISERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,898,700 shares, worth $94,838,832.
- FAIRPOINTE CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,604,633 shares, worth $50,425,695.
- WEDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L L P/NC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,639,693 shares, worth $31,744,456.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 556,300 shares, worth $10,769,968.
- OPTIMUM INVESTMENT ADVISORS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 421,808 shares, worth $8,166,203.
About the company: CA, Inc. designs, develops, markets, licenses, and supports standardized computer software products. The Company’s products are used with mainframe computers and in client/server environments. CA offers various enterprise systems management, information management, and business applications solutions to a variety of organizations.
Competitors to Watch: Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), BMC Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC), Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:QSFT), Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC), and Compuware Corporation (NASDAQ:CPWR).
(Note: Data regarding CA Technologies’ stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>