Cabela’s: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Cabela’s Inc. (NYSE:CAB).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Cabela’s Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Highby Dennis: act as Vice Chairman. On 07/07/2011, sold 40,000 shares, worth $1,125,200.
- Friebe Joseph M: act as Executive Vice President. On 11/11/2011, sold 40,000 shares, worth $1,034,800.
- Copeland Michael: act as Executive Vice President. On 08/01/2011, sold 22,814 shares, worth $602,100.
- Cabela Richard N: act as Chairman, 10% Owner. On 07/15/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $136,200.
- Cabela Mary A: act as 10% Owner. On 07/15/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $136,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Cabela’s Inc. in Q3 2011:
- COLUMBUS CIRCLE INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 547,513 shares, worth $14,864,978. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PORTOLA GROUP INC /CA: On 06/30/2011, held 429,227 shares, worth $11,653,513. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- STATE OF NEW JERSEY COMMON PENSION FUND A: On 06/30/2011, held 290,000 shares, worth $7,873,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LIBERTY MUTUAL GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 238,870 shares, worth $6,485,321. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GLOBALBRIDGE INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 211,027 shares, worth $5,729,383. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Cabela’s Incorporated retails hunting, fishing, camping, and outdoor sports products and apparel. The Company markets its products through its retail stores, website, and catalog. Cabela’s retail stores also offer in-house clinics associated with hunting, fishing, and camping.
Competitors to Watch: Big five Sporting Goods Corp. (NASDAQ:BGFV), Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE:DKS), Sport Chalet, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPCHA), Golfsmith Intl. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:GOLF), Dover Saddlery, Inc. (NASDAQ:DOVR), Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ:HIBB), West Marine, Inc. (NASDAQ:WMAR).
(Note: Data regarding Cabela’s Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>