Cablevision Systems: Financial Institutions Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE:CVC).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Cablevision Systems Corporation in Q3 2011:
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,150,400 shares, worth $17,923,232.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 914,908 shares, worth $14,254,267.
- INDEPENDENCE CAPITAL ASSET PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 635,034 shares, worth $9,893,830.
- DIALECTIC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 469,845 shares, worth $7,320,185.
- F&C ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 262,081 shares, worth $4,083,222.
About the company: Cablevision Systems Corporation provides telecommunications and entertainment services. The Company has operations in multimedia delivery, subscription cable television services, championship professional sports teams, and national television program networks.
Competitors to Watch: Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC), Mediacom Communications Corp. (NASDAQ:MCCC), Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX), Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR), DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH), The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS), Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYA), and China Cablecom Hldgs. Ltd. (NASDAQ:CABL).
(Note: Data regarding Cablevision Systems Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>