The Dow (NYSE:DIA) hit 12,200 on Tuesday, it marked the 7th consecutive day of positive gains. These 5 stocks announced earnings. Will they support the Dow’s winning streak?
1) Disney (NYSE:DIS): Shares increased 3.9% after the bell due to strong earnings. Profits increased 54% for the most recent quarter. Excluding one time items, the company reported earnings of 68 cents per share, compared to only 47 cents per share last year.
2) McAfee (NYSE:MFE): The computer security company reported earnings of $60.6 million (38 cents per share). Revenue increased a healthy 5% to $549.6 million for the fourth quarter.
3) Take-Two Interactive (Nasdaq:TTWO): The video game maker beat analysts estimates for the most recent quarter. Shares rose nearly 3% as the company reported profits of $49.5 million (52 cents per share). Analysts were only expecting an average of 34 cents per share.
4) Beazer Homes (NYSE:BZH): Homebuilders are feeling the effects of a homebuyer tax credit withdraw and rising yields. The company reported a 48% drop in revenue. When compared to prior year, net orders declined 24%. The loss for the quarter amounted to $48.8 million.
5) Avon (NYSE:AVP): Shares slid as the company reported a 15% drop in net income for the fourth quarter. Net income totaled $229.5 million (53 cents per share). China still proves to be a challenge as revenue from the country declined 45%.
Disclosure: No positions
Profit from Companies like These: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>