Capital Goods Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- Harbin Electric, Inc. (NASDAQ:HRBN): The shares closed at $21.00, up $0.35, or 1.69%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $660.12 million. About the company: Harbin Electric, Inc. designs, develops, and manufactures linear motors and special electric motors. The Company builds customized linear motors for a variety of applications and industries. Harbin Electric provides its linear motor products and systems to end users throughout China, as well as other industrial original equipment manufacturers overseas.
- Watsco, Incorporated (NYSE:WSO): The shares closed at $51.31, up $0.21, or 0.41%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.69 billion. About the company: Watsco, Inc. distributes air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment, as well as related parts and supplies. The Company operates various locations in the United States, with primary markets in the Sunbelt.
Losers (% price change)
- Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX): The shares closed at $2.60, down $0.56, or 17.72%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.65 billion. About the company: Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Fuel Tech Inc. (NASDAQ:FTEK): The shares closed at $4.81, down $1.01, or 17.35%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $117.05 million. About the company: Fuel Tech, Inc. develops and commercializes air pollution control technologies and provides engineering services. The Company’s NOxOUT process is used in the development of post-combustion nitrogen oxide control systems.
- Graham Corporation (AMEX:GHM): The shares closed at $14.73, down $1.91, or 11.48%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $145.85 million. About the company: Graham Corporation designs and builds vacuum and heat transfer equipment for process industries around the world. The Company markets to chemical, petrochemical, petroleum refining, and electric power generating industries, including cogeneration and geothermal plants. Graham’s products include ejectors, liquid ring vacuum pumps, condensers, and heat exchangers.
- GenCorp Inc. (NYSE:GY): The shares closed at $4.01, down $0.48, or 10.69%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $237.39 million. About the company: GenCorp Inc. is a producer of value-added systems for the space electronics, aerospace, and defense industries. The Company’s products include satellite payloads and ground systems, launch vehicle propulsion systems, and tactical weapons systems. GenCorp is also involved in the development, sale, acquisition and leasing of real estate assets in Northern California.
- Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW): The shares closed at $6.01, down $0.7, or 10.43%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $792.73 million. About the company: The Manitowoc Company, Inc. is a diversified industrial manufacturer of cranes and related products and foodservice equipment. The Company’s products include lattice-boom cranes, tower cranes, mobile telescopic cranes, and boom trucks as well as ice making machines, refrigerators, and freezers.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>