Capital Goods Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- PMFG Inc (NASDAQ:PMFG): The shares closed at $17.52, up $2.72, or 18.38%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $309.69 million. About the company: PMFG Inc. is a provider of custom engineered systems and products designed to help ensure that the delivery of energy is safe, efficient and clean. The Company primarily serves the markets for power generation, natural gas infrastructure and petrochemical processing.
- Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOG): The shares closed at $9.55, up $1.46, or 18.05%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $268.45 million. About the company: Apogee Enterprises, Inc. designs and develops value-added glass products, services, and systems. The Company’s products include architectural glass, glass coatings for the electronics markets, and replacement auto glass. The Company also provides building glass installation and replacement services. Apogee Enterprises operates around the world.
- Ampco-Pittsburgh Corp. (NYSE:AP): The shares closed at $21.42, up $3.05, or 16.6%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $221.17 million. About the company: Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation manufactures engineered equipment. The Company produces finned tube heat exchange coils, large standard and custom air handling systems, centrifugal pumps, feed screws, hardened steel rolls, and heat transfer rolls. Ampco’s products are used in the construction, power generation, refrigeration, chemical processing, marine defense, and steel industries.
- Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO): The shares closed at $11.94, up $1.57, or 15.14%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $230.29 million. About the company: Columbus McKinnon Corporation designs, manufactures, and distributes a variety of material handling, lifting, and positioning products. The Company’s products are sold to distributors and end-users in the general manufacturing, crane building, mining, construction, transportation, entertainment, power generation, agriculture, marine, lodging, and medical markets.
- Kadant Inc. (NYSE:KAI): The shares closed at $18.86, up $2.37, or 14.37%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $232.87 million. About the company: Kadant Inc. is a supplier of equipment used in the global papermaking and paper recycling industries. The Company’s products include paper machine accessories, fluid handling, and water management. Kadant’s fluid-handling products are used to optimize production in the steel, rubber, plastics, food, and textile industries. The Company also manufactures granules made from papermaking byproducts.
Losers (% price change)
- Metso Oyj (MXCYY): The shares closed at $5.90, down $0.5, or 7.81%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $235.44 million.
- AGCO Corporation (NYSE:AGCO): The shares closed at $14.17, down $0.73, or 4.9%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.31 billion. About the company: AGCO Corporation manufactures and distributes agricultural equipment throughout the world. The Company sells a range of agricultural equipment and related replacement parts, including tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, and forage equipment. AGCO markets its products under a variety of brand names, including Massey Ferguson, AGCO, Tye, GLEANER, and Hesston.
- Precision Castparts Corp. (NYSE:PCP): The shares closed at $145.62, down $2.71, or 1.83%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $20.97 billion. About the company: Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. The Company manufactures large, complex structural investment castings and airfoil castings used in jet aircraft engines. Precision has also expanded into the industrial gas turbine, industrial metal working tools and machines, and other metal products markets.
- BE Aerospace, Inc. (NASDAQ:BEAV): The shares closed at $30.16, down $0.54, or 1.76%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $3.11 billion. About the company: BE Aerospace, Inc. manufactures interior products for commercial and general aviation aircraft cabins. The Company serves major airlines and various general aviation customers and airframe manufacturers. Products include a variety of aircraft seating products, food and beverage preparation and storage equipment, cabin interior structures, and oxygen delivery systems.
- James Hardie Industries (NYSE:JHX): The shares closed at $25.92, down $0.17, or 0.65%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.27 billion. About the company: James Hardie Industries SE manufactures building products, including fiber cement siding, backerboard, and pipe.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>