Gainers (% price change)
- Goodrich Corporation (NYSE:GR): The shares closed at $107.60, up $14.71, or 15.84%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $13.45 billion. About the company: Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
- Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN): The shares closed at $14.47, up $0.67, or 4.86%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.71 billion. About the company: Lennar Corporation constructs and sells single-family attached and detached homes, and to a lesser extent multi-level buildings as well as buys and sells residential land. The Company also provides mortgage financing, title insurance, closing services and other ancillary services (including personal lines insurance, high-speed Internet and cable television).
- The Ryland Group, Inc. (NYSE:RYL): The shares closed at $10.94, up $0.32, or 3.01%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $485.83 million. About the company: The Ryland Group, Inc. is a homebuilder and mortgage-related finance firm. The Company’s homebuilding segment specializes in the sale and construction of single-family attached and detached housing. Ryland’s financial services segment provides various mortgage-related products and services for retail customers.
- BE Aerospace, Inc. (NASDAQ:BEAV): The shares closed at $34.05, up $0.96, or 2.9%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $3.51 billion. About the company: BE Aerospace, Inc. manufactures interior products for commercial and general aviation aircraft cabins. The Company serves major airlines and various general aviation customers and airframe manufacturers. Products include a variety of aircraft seating products, food and beverage preparation and storage equipment, cabin interior structures, and oxygen delivery systems.
- Lincoln Electric Hldgs (NASDAQ:LECO): The shares closed at $33.66, up $0.84, or 2.56%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.83 billion. About the company: Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures welding and cutting products. The Company’s products include arc welding power sources, wire feeding systems, robotic welding packages, fume extraction equipment, consumable electrodes, fluxes, and regulators and torches used in oxy-fuel welding and cutting.
Losers (% price change)
- American Woodmark Corp. (NASDAQ:AMWD): The shares closed at $12.90, down $1.13, or 8.05%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $184.66 million. About the company: American Woodmark Corporation manufactures kitchen cabinets and vanities for the remodeling and new home construction markets. The Company offers a wide variety of cabinet lines differing by design, material, and finishes. American Woodmark’s products are sold throughout the United States through independent distributors and directly to home centers, builders, and home manufacturers.
- Ingersoll-Rand PLC (NYSE:IR): The shares closed at $33.64, down $2.06, or 5.77%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $11.13 billion. About the company: Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
- Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO): The shares closed at $12.47, down $0.73, or 5.53%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $240.51 million. About the company: Columbus McKinnon Corporation designs, manufactures, and distributes a variety of material handling, lifting, and positioning products. The Company’s products are sold to distributors and end-users in the general manufacturing, crane building, mining, construction, transportation, entertainment, power generation, agriculture, marine, lodging, and medical markets.
- Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE:VMC): The shares closed at $31.36, down $1.82, or 5.49%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.05 billion. About the company: Vulcan Materials Company produces construction aggregates. The Company principal product lines are aggregates, asphalt mix and concrete, and cement.
- Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX): The shares closed at $4.60, down $0.26, or 5.35%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.69 billion. About the company: Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>