Gainers (% price change)
- Great Lakes Dredge & Dock (NASDAQ:GLDD): The shares closed at $5.80, up $0.65, or 12.62%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $341.71 million. About the company: Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company offers marine services. The Company deepens and maintains waterways, shipping channels, and ports; creates and maintains beaches; excavates harbors and build docks, terminals and piers; restores aquatic and wetland habitats; and excavates pipeline, cable, and tunnel trenches.
- SIFCO Industries, Inc. (AMEX:SIF): The shares closed at $19.50, up $0.05, or 0.24%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $102.86 million. About the company: SIFCO Industries, Inc. produces, repairs, plates, machines, and markets jet engine and other aerospace components. The Company serves the aerospace and airline industries worldwide, through a network of manufacturing, service, and distribution centers in the United States, Europe, and the Far East.
Losers (% price change)
- USG Corporation (NYSE:USG): The shares closed at $8.31, down $0.95, or 10.26%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $874.97 million. About the company: USG Corporation, through its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes building materials. The Company produces a wide range of products for use in new residential, new non-residential, and repair and remodel construction, as well as products used in certain industrial processes. USG’s two core businesses include North American Gypsum and Worldwide Ceilings.
- Armstrong World (NYSE:AWI): The shares closed at $38.65, down $3.94, or 9.25%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.26 billion. About the company: Armstrong World Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures floors, ceilings, and cabinets in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Preformed Line Products (NASDAQ:PLPC): The shares closed at $58.69, down $5.66, or 8.8%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $308.60 million. About the company: Preformed Line Products Company designs and manufactures systems used in the construction and maintenance of networks for the energy, communications, cable provider, and information industries. The Company’s products support, protect, connect, terminate, and secure cables and wires. Preformed Line Products also manufactures products serving the voice and data transmission markets.
- American Woodmark Corp. (NASDAQ:AMWD): The shares closed at $15.53, down $1.48, or 8.7%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $222.30 million. About the company: American Woodmark Corporation manufactures kitchen cabinets and vanities for the remodeling and new home construction markets. The Company offers a wide variety of cabinet lines differing by design, material, and finishes. American Woodmark’s products are sold throughout the United States through independent distributors and directly to home centers, builders, and home manufacturers.
- Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO): The shares closed at $13.70, down $1.29, or 8.61%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $264.23 million. About the company: Columbus McKinnon Corporation designs, manufactures, and distributes a variety of material handling, lifting, and positioning products. The Company’s products are sold to distributors and end-users in the general manufacturing, crane building, mining, construction, transportation, entertainment, power generation, agriculture, marine, lodging, and medical markets.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>