Capital Goods Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks on Oct 20th
Gainers (% price change)
- PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE:PHM): The shares closed at $4.67, up $0.24, or 5.42%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.79 billion. About the company: Pulte Group Inc. sells and constructs homes, and purchases, develops, and sells residential land and develops active adult communities. The Company also provides mortgage financing, title insurance, and other services to home buyers. Pulte has operations in various markets across the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Dycom Industries, Inc. (NYSE:DY): The shares closed at $17.56, up $0.79, or 4.71%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $588.11 million. About the company: Dycom Industries, Inc. provides engineering, construction, and maintenance services to telecomm providers in the United States. In addition to its primary services, the Company performs underground utility locating and electric utility contracting services. Dycom also provides services related to the installation of integrated voice, data, and video networks in office buildings.
- KB Home (NYSE:KBH): The shares closed at $7.20, up $0.3, or 4.35%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $555.36 million. About the company: KB HOME builds single-family homes in the United States, primarily targeting first-time and first move-up homebuyers. The Company has operating divisions in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, Wisconsin, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas in the United States. KB Home also derives income from mortgage banking, title and insurance services.
- Orbital Sciences Corp. (NYSE:ORB): The shares closed at $14.68, up $0.57, or 4.04%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $858.18 million. About the company: Orbital Sciences Corporation manufactures small space systems for commercial, civil government, and military customers. The Company’s primary products are spacecraft and launch vehicles, ground and air-launched rockets, and missile defense boosters. Orbital offers space-related technical services to government agencies and also builds satellite-based transportation management systems.
- Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN): The shares closed at $26.84, up $0.91, or 3.51%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.15 billion. About the company: Trinity Industries, Inc. manufactures transportation, construction, and industrial products. The Company’s products include tank and freight railcars, inland hopper and tank barges, highway guardrail and safety products, ready-mix concrete, and other products. Trinity also leases railcars and other products. The Company markets its products in the United States and internationally.
Losers (% price change)
- Ingersoll-Rand PLC (NYSE:IR): The shares closed at $27.38, down $2.35, or 7.9%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $9.06 billion. About the company: Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
- Watsco, Incorporated (NYSE:WSO): The shares closed at $56.46, down $3.35, or 5.6%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.86 billion. About the company: Watsco, Inc. distributes air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment, as well as related parts and supplies. The Company operates various locations in the United States, with primary markets in the Sunbelt.
- USG Corporation (NYSE:USG): The shares closed at $7.90, down $0.39, or 4.7%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $831.80 million. About the company: USG Corporation, through its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes building materials. The Company produces a wide range of products for use in new residential, new non-residential, and repair and remodel construction, as well as products used in certain industrial processes. USG’s two core businesses include North American Gypsum and Worldwide Ceilings.
- Gafisa SA (NYSE:GFA): The shares closed at $6.65, down $0.28, or 4.04%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.43 billion. About the company: Gafisa S.A. acquires, operates, and develops real estate. The Company also operates in the civil engineering and construction sector.
- Empresas ICA SA (NYSE:ICA): The shares closed at $4.31, down $0.18, or 4.01%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $692.69 million. About the company: Empresas ICA S.A.B. de C.V. offers engineering and construction services. The Company builds dams, highways, airports, office buildings, shopping centers, manufacturing facilities, and housing projects, operates water distribution and treatment systems, highways, and parking facilities, mines aggregates, operates ports, and builds grain storage systems.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>