Gainers (% price change)
- M/I Homes, Inc. (NYSE:MHO): The shares closed at $7.36, up $0.88, or 13.58%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $137.72 million. About the company: M/I Homes, Inc. builds single-family homes that are marketed and sold under the M/I Homes and Showcase Homes trade names. M/I Homes has homebuilding operations in Ohio, Indiana, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland.
- USG Corporation (NYSE:USG): The shares closed at $9.49, up $1.11, or 13.25%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $999.21 million. About the company: USG Corporation, through its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes building materials. The Company produces a wide range of products for use in new residential, new non-residential, and repair and remodel construction, as well as products used in certain industrial processes. USG’s two core businesses include North American Gypsum and Worldwide Ceilings.
- Winnebago Industries, Inc (NYSE:WGO): The shares closed at $8.43, up $0.71, or 9.2%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $245.54 million. About the company: Winnebago Industries, Inc. manufactures motor homes that are self-contained recreation vehicles used primarily in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. The Company’s motor homes are sold through dealer organizations under the Winnebago, Itasca, Rialta, and Ultimate brand names. Winnebago also manufactures extruded aluminum, commercial vehicles, and components.
- NCI Building Systems, Inc (NYSE:NCS): The shares closed at $9.49, up $0.72, or 8.21%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $188.84 million. About the company: NCI Building Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets metal engineered building systems and products for the building industry. The Company sells metal components as well as complete metal building systems. NCI sells its products in the United States.
- Kadant Inc. (NYSE:KAI): The shares closed at $19.21, up $1.43, or 8.04%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $237.19 million. About the company: Kadant Inc. is a supplier of equipment used in the global papermaking and paper recycling industries. The Company’s products include paper machine accessories, fluid handling, and water management. Kadant’s fluid-handling products are used to optimize production in the steel, rubber, plastics, food, and textile industries. The Company also manufactures granules made from papermaking byproducts.
Losers (% price change)
- Force Protection, Inc. (NASDAQ:FRPT): The shares closed at $3.68, down $0.13, or 3.53%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $258.17 million. About the company: Force Protection, Inc. manufactures and distributes vehicles that protect and save lives and property. The Company’s subsidiary designs, manufactures, and markets mine-protected vehicles used by police and military organizations domestically and in other countries for transportation, de-mining, and special applications.
- Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ:ESLT): The shares closed at $42.60, down $0.82, or 1.89%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.82 billion. About the company: Elbit Systems Ltd. designs, develops and supplies integrated defense systems. The Company also designs, develops, manufactures, markets and supports military electronic systems and products.
- Goodrich Corporation (NYSE:GR): The shares closed at $122.30, down $0.3, or 0.24%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $15.29 billion. About the company: Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>