Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Capital One Financial Corp. (NYSE:COF).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Capital One Financial Corp. in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 22,200,000 shares, worth $878,676,000.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,176,954 shares, worth $125,743,839.
- INVESTEC ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,526,847 shares, worth $100,012,604.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,410,943 shares, worth $55,845,124.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,343,769 shares, worth $53,186,377.
About the company: Capital One Financial Corporation is a diversified bank. The Bank, through its subsidiaries, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients both domestically and internationally. Capital One has bank locations in Connecticut, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, and Texas.
Competitors to Watch: American Express Company (NYSE:AXP), Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS), Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), SLM Corporation (NYSE:SLM), Wilshire Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:WIBC), and HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC).
(Note: Data regarding Capital One Financial Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>