Wall St. Watchdog uncovers information on the cash and debt levels of some of the largest companies, as measured by market capitalization, in the Technology sector.
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): This company has $25,620,000,000 in cash against $0 in debt. The shares recently traded at $388.91 and its market capitalization is $360,554,900,000. About the company: Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers. Investing Insights: Steve Jobs Prepares to Deliver a New Catalyst for Apple’s Stock >>
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): This company has $52,772,000,000 in cash against $11,921,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $26.80 and its market capitalization is $224,537,500,000. About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
- International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): This company has $11,651,000,000 in cash against $29,857,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $178.05 and its market capitalization is $212,641,200,000. About the company: International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers.
- Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG): This company has $34,975,000,000 in cash against $4,202,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $592.40 and its market capitalization is $191,278,700,000. About the company: Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches.
- Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL): This company has $28,848,000,000 in cash against $16,391,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $29.55 and its market capitalization is $149,686,000,000. About the company: Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): This company has $21,885,000,000 in cash against $2,161,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $21.72 and its market capitalization is $115,159,400,000. About the company: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- Siemens AG (ADR) (NYSE:SI): This company has $21,718,182,537 in cash against $28,026,762,877 in debt. The shares recently traded at $118.31 and its market capitalization is $109,728,549,182. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM): This company has $10,279,000,000 in cash against $1,122,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $53.01 and its market capitalization is $89,042,980,000. About the company: QUALCOMM, Inc. develops and manufactures digital wireless communications equipment. The Company licenses its Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) intellectual property to other companies, and produces CDMA-based integrated circuits; equipment and software used to track workers and assets; software for wireless content enablement; and offers services to deliver multimedia content.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO): This company has $39,861,000,000 in cash against $16,792,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $15.46 and its market capitalization is $85,032,860,000. About the company: Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world.
- SAP AG (ADR) (NYSE:SAP): This company has $5,055,542,587 in cash against $5,809,612,950 in debt. The shares recently traded at $59.32 and its market capitalization is $73,603,674,265. About the company: SAP AG is a multinational software company. The Company develops business software, including e-business and enterprise management software, consults on organizational usage of its applications software, and provides training services. SAP markets its products and services worldwide.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ): This company has $10,934,000,000 in cash against $23,290,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $34.35 and its market capitalization is $71,247,250,000. About the company: Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home. The Company’s products include laser and inkjet printers, scanners, copiers and faxes, personal computers, workstations, storage solutions, and other computing and printing systems. Hewlett-Packard sells its products worldwide.
- Canon Inc. (ADR) (NYSE:CAJ): This company has $12,232,203,380 in cash against $2,395,133,573 in debt. The shares recently traded at $48.03 and its market capitalization is $65,353,863,951. About the company: CANON INC. is a professional and consumer imaging solutions company and patent-holder of digital imaging technologies. The Company’s products include networked multifunction devices, digital and analog copiers, computer peripherals, facsimile machines, image filing systems, camcorders, cameras and lenses, semiconductor, and broadcast and medical equipment.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg. Co. Ltd. (ADR) (NYSE:TSM): This company has $6,266,826,160 in cash against $1,514,019,755 in debt. The shares recently traded at $12.20 and its market capitalization is $64,344,858,779. About the company: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. manufactures integrated circuits based on its proprietary designs. The Company offers a comprehensive set of integrated circuit fabrication processes to manufacture CMOS logic, mixed-mode, volatile and non-volatile memory and BiCMOS chips. Taiwan Semiconductor is an affiliate of Philips Electronics N.V.
- Baidu.com, Inc. (ADR) (NASDAQ:BIDU): This company has $1,268,025,412 in cash against $41,987,767 in debt. The shares recently traded at $153.01 and its market capitalization is $53,372,565,405. About the company: Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches.
- ABB Ltd (ADR) (NYSE:ABB): This company has $8,610,000,000 in cash against $4,196,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $23.12 and its market capitalization is $53,356,680,000. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>