Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on the cash and debt levels of some of the largest companies, as measured by market capitalization, in the Services sector.
- China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) (NYSE:CHL): This company has $45,437,720,700 in cash against $1,752,721,516 in debt. The shares recently traded at $48.77 and its market capitalization is $197,843,147,265. About the company: China Mobile Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides cellular telecommunications and related services in the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong SAR.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT): This company has $7,395,000,000 in cash against $59,075,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $51.68 and its market capitalization is $179,461,900,000. About the company: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets. The Company’s discount stores and supercenters offer mechandise such as apparel, housewares, small appliances, electronics, and hardware. Walmart’s markets off a full-line supermarket and a limited assortment of general merchandise. The Company operates nationally and internationally.
- AT+T Inc. (NYSE:T): This company has $1,437,000,000 in cash against $66,879,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $29.18 and its market capitalization is $172,804,000,000. About the company: AT&T Inc. is a communications holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, provides local and long-distance phone service, wireless and data communications, Internet access and messaging, IP-based and satellite television, security services, telecommunications equipment, and directory advertising and publishing.
- Vodafone Group Plc (ADR) (NASDAQ:VOD): This company has $11,261,074,757 in cash against $62,251,361,161 in debt. The shares recently traded at $27.44 and its market capitalization is $140,231,562,396. About the company: Vodafone Group PLC provides a range of mobile telecommunications services, including voice and data communications. Vodafone has equity interests in 28 countries and Partner Networks in a further 7 countries with almost all the Group’s mobile subsidiaries operating principally under the brand name Vodafone. In the United States their associated undertaking operates as Verizon Wireless.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ): This company has $7,213,000,000 in cash against $105,346,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $35.49 and its market capitalization is $100,457,300,000. About the company: Verizon Communications, Inc. is an integrated telecommunications company that provides wire line voice and data services, wireless services, Internet services, and published directory information. The Company also provides network services for the federal government including business phone lines, data services, telecommunications equipment and payphones.
- Telefonica S.A. (ADR) (NYSE:TEF): This company has $8,237,980,984 in cash against $93,252,410,890 in debt. The shares recently traded at $21.45 and its market capitalization is $98,510,153,927. About the company: Telefonica, S.A. provides telecommunications services mainly to countries in Europe and Latin America. The Company offers fixed-line and mobile telephone, Internet, and data transmission services to residential and corporate customers.
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN): This company has $8,762,000,000 in cash against $0 in debt. The shares recently traded at $211.70 and its market capitalization is $96,098,110,000. About the company: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. (ADR) (NYSE:DCM): This company has $11,830,096,795 in cash against $5,853,173,779 in debt. The shares recently traded at $18.56 and its market capitalization is $81,793,947,626. About the company: NTT DOCOMO, Inc. provides various types of telecommunication services including cellular phones, satellite mobile communication, and wireless LAN Network. The Company also sells cellular phones, and other equipment.
- Nippon Telegraph + Telephone Corp. (ADR) (NYSE:NTT): This company has $20,909,099,959 in cash against $86,506,220,897 in debt. The shares recently traded at $24.47 and its market capitalization is $71,572,669,342. About the company: NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION provides a variety of telecommunication services, including telephone, telegraph, leased circuits, data communication, terminal equipment sales, and related services. The Company provides both local and long distance telephone services within Japan.
- The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS): This company has $2,722,000,000 in cash against $14,434,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $36.97 and its market capitalization is $69,878,980,000. About the company: The Walt Disney Company, an entertainment company, conducts operations in media networks, studio entertainment, theme parks and resorts, consumer products, and Internet and direct marketing. The Company produces motion pictures, television programs, and musical recordings, as well as publishes books and magazines. Disney also operates ABC radio and television and theme parks.
- America Movil SAB de CV (ADR) (NYSE:AMX): This company has $8,156,228,902 in cash against $28,181,294,713 in debt. The shares recently traded at $24.77 and its market capitalization is $68,487,435,258. About the company: America Movil SAB de C.V. provides wireless communications services in all regions of Mexico. The Company also participates in telecommunications joint ventures in several other South American countries as well as in the United States.
- Deutsche Telekom AG (ADR) (OTC:DTEGY): This company has $3,992,449,408 in cash against $75,155,580,144 in debt. The shares recently traded at $14.57 and its market capitalization is $63,847,009,502. About the company: Deutsche Telekom AG provides telecommunications and information technology services in Germany and internationally. The company offers fixed-network services, including voice and data communications services; and network access, including analog, universal/ISDN, and IP access, as well as calling services to individual, business, and wholesale customers.
- Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSK): This company has $6,065,000,000 in cash against $55,944,000,000 in debt. The shares recently traded at $22.73 and its market capitalization is $62,432,420,000. About the company: Comcast Corporation is a provider of video, high-speed Internet and phone services. The Company offers a variety of entertainment, information and communications services to residential and commercial customers. Comcast is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- France Telecom SA (ADR) (NYSE:FTE): This company has $7,373,519,507 in cash against $47,899,440,640 in debt. The shares recently traded at $19.78 and its market capitalization is $52,826,016,295. About the company: France Telecom SA provides telecommunications services to residential, professional, and large business customers. The Company offers public fixed-line telephone, leased lines and data transmission, mobile telecommunications, cable television, Internet and wireless applications, and broadcasting services, and telecommunications equipment sales and rentals.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>