Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Caterpillar Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Oberhelman Douglas R: act as CEO & Chairman of the Board. On 07/29/2011, sold 9,000 shares, worth $896,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Caterpillar Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,200,000 shares, worth $126,516,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 571,235 shares, worth $60,225,306. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 556,160 shares, worth $58,635,949. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 540,892 shares, worth $57,026,244. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 492,877 shares, worth $51,964,022. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
Competitors to Watch: Deere & Company (NYSE:DE), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Astec Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTE), Columbus McKinnon Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCO), Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW), Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI), CNH Global N.V. (NYSE:CNH), Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV), Terex Corporation (NYSE:TEX), and Lindsay Corporation (NYSE:LNN).
(Note: Data regarding Caterpillar Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>