Charter Communications: Major Shareholders Supporting the Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Charter Communications, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Winfrey Christopher L: act as EVP/CFO. On 08/05/2011, bought 25,000 shares, worth $1,150,500.
- Markley John D Jr: act as Director. On 08/08/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $42,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Charter Communications, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SCOGGIN LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 283,500 shares, worth $13,279,140.
- OZ MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 238,599 shares, worth $11,175,977.
- INDEPENDENCE CAPITAL ASSET PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 185,815 shares, worth $8,703,575.
- GAMCO INVESTORS, INC. ET AL: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 159,100 shares, worth $7,452,244.
- CI INVESTMENTS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 124,600 shares, worth $5,836,264.
About the company: Charter Communications, Inc. offers broadband Internet communications services. The Company offers high-speed Internet access; Internet telephone services; business-to-business Internet access, data networking, video and music entertainment services, and business telephone; and digital cable video entertainment services.
Competitors to Watch: Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX), Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYA), Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Mediacom Communications Corp. (NASDAQ:MCCC), Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC), Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE:CVC), Shaw Communications Inc. (NYSE:SJR), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) and DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH).
(Note: Data regarding Charter Communications, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>