Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. (NYSE:CLF).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Tompkins P Kelly: act as EVP Legal Govt. Aff.& Sustain.. On 08/01/2011, bought 2,500 shares, worth $222,900.
- Ross Richard Andrew: act as Director. On 08/10/2011, bought 1,500 shares, worth $107,600.
- Gluski Andres: act as Director. On 08/01/2011, bought 1,130 shares, worth $99,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. in Q3 2011:
- EUCLID ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 216,000 shares, worth $11,009,520.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 200,635 shares, worth $10,226,366.
- BLUECREST CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 191,600 shares, worth $9,765,852.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 179,300 shares, worth $9,138,921.
- IONIC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 129,214 shares, worth $6,586,038.
About the company: Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is a diversified mining and natural resources company. The Company mines for iron ore and coal in locations across North America, South America, and Australia.
Competitors to Watch: Vale (NYSE:VALE), ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT), Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Ltd. (AMEX:CLM), Anglo American plc (AAUKY), Great Northern Iron Ore Properties (NYSE:GNI), AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE:AKS), BHP Billiton plc (NYSE:BBL), BHP Billiton Limited (NYSE:BHP), United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X), and Mesabi Trust (NYSE:MSB).
(Note: Data regarding Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>