Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on some large cap Energy companies whose shares are at least 25% owned by institutions:
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM): Institutional investors own 49.57% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $73.84 and its market capitalization is $363,742,200,000.00. About the company: Exxon Mobil Corporation operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses on a worldwide basis. The Company’s operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals.
- Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB): Institutional investors own 79.02% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $80.79 and its market capitalization is $109,015,400,000.00. About the company: Schlumberger Limited is an oil services company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a wide range of services, including technology, project management and information solutions to the international petroleum industry as well as advanced acquisition and data processing surveys.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP): Institutional investors own 72.58% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $66.92 and its market capitalization is $91,882,800,000.00. About the company: ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company which operates in several business segments. The Company explores for and produces petroleum, and refines, markets, supplies, and transports petroleum. ConocoPhillips also gathers and processes natural gas, and produces and distributes chemicals and plastics.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY): Institutional investors own 80.73% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $87.76 and its market capitalization is $71,337,880,000.00. About the company: Occidental Petroleum Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The Company also manufactures and markets a variety of basic chemicals, vinyls and performance chemicals. Occidental also gathers, treats, processes, transports, stores, trades and markets crude oil, natural gas, NGLs, condensate and carbon dioxide (CO2) and generates and markets power.
- Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE:SU): Institutional investors own 69.14% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $34.33 and its market capitalization is $54,032,161,374.32. About the company: Suncor Energy, Inc. is a integrated energy company focused on developing the Athabasca oil sands basin. The Company extracts and upgrades oil sands into refinery feedstock and diesel fuel, explores for, develops and produces natural gas, refines crude oil and markets a range of petroleum and petrochemical products, and operates crude oil pipelines and retail petroleum stations.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>