CME Group: Institutional Investors Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CME).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of CME Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 463,294 shares, worth $114,155,642.
- RAINIER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 121,780 shares, worth $30,006,592.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 104,712 shares, worth $25,801,037.
- LAKEWOOD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 74,865 shares, worth $18,446,736.
- JUPITER ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 63,449 shares, worth $15,633,834.
About the company: CME Group Inc. operates a derivatives exchange that trades futures contracts and options on futures, interest rates, stock indexes, foreign exchange and commodities. The Exchange brings together buyers and sellers of derivatives products on its trading floors, electronic trading platform, and through privately negotiated transactions that it clears.
Competitors to Watch: IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX), NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NDAQ), CBOE Holdings, Inc (NASDAQ:CBOE), MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:MKTX).
(Note: Data regarding CME Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>