CME Group: Major Shareholders Cashing Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CME).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of CME Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 679,679 shares, worth $197,100,113. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BLUE RIDGE CAPITAL HOLDINGS LLC/BLUE RIDGE CAPITAL OFFSHORE HOLDINGS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 390,000 shares, worth $113,096,100. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HUNTER GLOBAL INVESTORS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 113,600 shares, worth $32,942,864. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 28,000 shares, worth $8,119,720. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 21,695 shares, worth $6,291,333. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: CME Group Inc. operates a derivatives exchange that trades futures contracts and options on futures, interest rates, stock indexes, foreign exchange and commodities. The Exchange brings together buyers and sellers of derivatives products on its trading floors, electronic trading platform, and through privately negotiated transactions that it clears.
Competitors to Watch: IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX), NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NDAQ), CBOE Holdings, Inc (NASDAQ:CBOE), MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:MKTX).
(Note: Data regarding CME Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>