Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of CMS Energy Corp. (NYSE:CMS).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold CMS Energy Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Butler John M: act as Senior Vice President. On 08/16/2011, sold 24,000 shares, worth $450,000.
- Barba Glenn P: act as VP, Controller, CAO. On 08/17/2011, sold 22,000 shares, worth $419,800.
- Brunner James E: act as SVP & General Counsel. On 11/22/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $200,200.
- Brunner James E: act as SVP & General Counsel. On 08/16/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $93,800.
- Mengebier David G: act as Senior Vice President. On 11/15/2011, sold 4,000 shares, worth $83,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of CMS Energy Corp. in Q3 2011:
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,623,800 shares, worth $31,290,626. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BBT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 394,290 shares, worth $7,597,968. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 388,575 shares, worth $7,487,840. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 280,168 shares, worth $5,398,837. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL FUND MANAGEMENT S.A.: On 06/30/2011, held 270,441 shares, worth $5,211,398. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: CMS Energy Corporation is an energy company operating primarily in Michigan. The Company, through its subsidiaries provides electricity and/or natural gas to its customers in Michigan. CMS Energy also invests in and operates non-utility power generation plants in the United States and abroad.
Competitors to Watch: DTE Energy Company (NYSE:DTE), Wisconsin Energy Corp. (NYSE:WEC), Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:TEG), The Empire District Electric Co. (NYSE:EDE), Ameren Corporation (NYSE:AEE), Avista Corporation (NYSE:AVA), CH Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:CHG), Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D), SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG), and PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG).
(Note: Data regarding CMS Energy Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>