Colgate-Palmolive: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Colgate-Palmolive Co. (NYSE:CL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Colgate-Palmolive Co.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Huston John J: act as Sr.V.P.Office of the Chairman. On 11/04/2011, sold 70,500 shares, worth $6,163,800.
- Wallace Noel R.: act as Pres.- Colgate No. America. On 11/01/2011, sold 31,000 shares, worth $2,770,800.
- Thompson Neil: act as Pres&CEO Hill’s Pet Nutrition(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/02/2011, sold 16,125 shares, worth $1,428,000.
- Samuel Derrick E: act as Pres. Colgate Greater Asia. On 11/08/2011, sold 14,135 shares, worth $1,259,600.
- Erezuma Hector I: act as VP Taxation. On 11/14/2011, sold 11,000 shares, worth $978,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Colgate-Palmolive Co. in Q3 2011:
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 504,600 shares, worth $43,541,934. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HORSEMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 240,600 shares, worth $20,761,374. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TRILOGY GLOBAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 214,190 shares, worth $18,482,455. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SELECT EQUITY GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 194,634 shares, worth $16,794,968. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TD SECURITIES (USA) LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 139,450 shares, worth $12,033,141. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company that markets its products throughout the world. The Company’s products include toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoos, deodorants, bar and liquid soaps, dishwashing liquid, and laundry products, as well as pet nutrition products for cats and dogs.
Competitors to Watch: The Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE:PG), Church & Dwight Co., Inc. (NYSE:CHD), The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX), CCA Industries, Inc. (AMEX:CAW), Unilever plc (NYSE:UL), Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP), Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB), PC Group, Inc. (PCGR), and Alberto-Culver Company (NYSE:ACV).
(Note: Data regarding Colgate-Palmolive Co.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>