Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Colonial Properties Trust (NYSE:CLP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Colonial Properties Trust in Q3 2011:
- FIDUCIARY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 843,490 shares, worth $15,199,690.
- STARWOOD REAL ESTATE SECURITIES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 576,950 shares, worth $10,396,639.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 494,031 shares, worth $8,902,439.
- WEISS MULTI-STRATEGY ADVISERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 300,000 shares, worth $5,406,000.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 126,889 shares, worth $2,286,540.
About the company: Colonial Properties Trust develops, owns and operates retail, multifamily and office properties in the Southeastern United States. The Company’s activities include development of new properties, acquisition of existing properties built to suit development and the provision of management, leasing and brokerage services for income producing real estate.
Competitors to Watch: Cousins Properties Inc (NYSE:CUZ), Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE:VNO), Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (NYSE:WRE), Liberty Property Trust (NYSE:LRY), Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS), UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), Mid-America Apartment (NYSE:MAA), Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT), BRE Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BRE), and Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR).
(Note: Data regarding Colonial Properties Trust’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>