Following is some information on companies whose earnings beat expectations for the third quarter of 2011.
- G&K Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:GKSR): The company reported earnings per share of $0.45 against expectations of $0.43 for a surprise of 4.65%. About the company: G & K Services, Inc. leases and maintains uniforms and other textile products. The Company supplies work clothes, anti-static and particle-free garments, dress clothes for supervisory personnel, floor mats, dust mops, wiping towels, and linens. G & K serves the pharmaceutical, electronic, transportation, healthcare, and auto service industries in the United States, Ontario, and Quebec.
- Gartner, Inc. (NYSE:IT): The company reported earnings per share of $0.31 against expectations of $0.29 for a surprise of 6.90%. About the company: Gartner, Inc. provides research and analysis on the computer hardware, software, communications, and related information technology industries. The Company’s business segments include research, consulting, measurement, events and executive programs.
- Genco Shipping & Trading (NYSE:GNK): The company reported earnings per share of $0.04 against expectations of $0.00 for a surprise of 0.00%. About the company: Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. offers shipping services. The Company’s drybulk carrier ships transport iron ore, coal, grain, steel, and other products.
- Generac Holdlings Inc. (NYSE:GNRC): The company reported earnings per share of $0.75 against expectations of $0.63 for a surprise of 19.05%. About the company: Generac Holdings, Inc. manufactures automatic, stationary standby and portable generators. The Company’s generators serve the residential, commercial, industrial and telecommunications markets.
- General Moly, Inc. (AMEX:GMO): The company reported earnings per share of ($0.03) against expectations of ($0.04) for a surprise of 25.00%. About the company: General Moly, Inc. develops, explores, and mines molybdenum minerals in the United States.
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE:GWR): The company reported earnings per share of $0.80 against expectations of $0.78 for a surprise of 2.56%. About the company: Genesee & Wyoming Inc., through its subsidiaries, owns and operates short line and regional freight railroads and provides related rail services. The Company also provides railroad switching and related services to United States industries with extensive railroad facilities within their complexes. Genessee operates in the United States and Australia.
- Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ:GHDX): The company reported earnings per share of $0.10 against expectations of $0.04 for a surprise of 150.00%. About the company: Genomic Health, Inc. is a life science company focused on the development and commercialization of genomic-based clinical diagnostic tests for cancer. The Company’s diagnostic services provide information on the likelihood of disease recurrence and response to certain types of therapy.
- Giant Interactive Group (NYSE:GA): The company reported earnings per share of $0.18 against expectations of $0.16 for a surprise of 12.50%. About the company: Giant Interactive Group Inc. develops online games. The Company focuses on multiplayer online, or MMO, games that are played through networked game servers in which players are able to simultaneously connect and interact.
- Given Imaging Ltd. (NASDAQ:GIVN): The company reported earnings per share of $0.17 against expectations of $0.13 for a surprise of 30.77%. About the company: Given Imaging Ltd. has developed the Given imaging diagnostic system. The Company’s product is a proprietary wireless imaging system that allows a medical professional to examine the gastrointestinal tract. Given’s system uses a miniaturized video camera contained in a capsule that is ingested by the patient and delivers color images in a painless and noninvasive manner.
- Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corp (NASDAQ:GLDD): The company reported earnings per share of $0.10 against expectations of $0.09 for a surprise of 11.11%. About the company: Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company offers marine services. The Company deepens and maintains waterways, shipping channels, and ports; creates and maintains beaches; excavates harbors and build docks, terminals and piers; restores aquatic and wetland habitats; and excavates pipeline, cable, and tunnel trenches.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
Check out our analysis of Jim Cramer’s latest stock calls