Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider transactions for companies that do not belong to the S&P 500 index. Note that the following list excludes all transactions whose market value at the time of the transaction was less than $500,000.
Oil States International, Inc. (NYSE:OIS):
- Cindy B Taylor sold 54,671 shares at $84.34 per share for a total value of $4,610,952 on Aug 03.
About the company: Oil States International, Inc. provides specialty products and services to oil and gas drilling and production companies. The Company supplies connection technology for offshore oil and gas development and production, distributes tubular goods, and furnishes hydraulic workover and well control services. Oil States also provides remote site accommodations, catering, and logistics.
OpenTable, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPEN):
- Jeffrey D Jordan sold 100,000 shares at $62.27 per share for a total value of $6,226,651 on Aug 17.
About the company: OpenTable, Inc. provides free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners through an online booking service. The Company also offers reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. OpenTable allows users to search for tables based on desired criteria for cuisine, price, and location.
Overseas Shipholding Group (NYSE:OSG):
- Charles Fribourg bought 41,228 shares at $15.42 per share for a total value of $635,719 on Aug 22.
- Charles Fribourg bought 35,354 shares at $15.05 per share for a total value of $531,914 on Aug 25.
- Oudi Recanati bought 100,100 shares at $15.29 per share for a total value of $1,530,160 on Aug 23.
- Oudi Recanati bought 50,000 shares at $15.80 per share for a total value of $789,835 on Aug 24.
- Oudi Recanati bought 89,800 shares at $15.55 per share for a total value of $1,396,121 on Aug 26.
About the company: Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc. maintains a fleet of transport vessels. The Company charters its ships to oil majors, traders and United States and international governmental agencies. OSG’s ships transport crude oil, refined petroleum products and gas.
Overstock.co, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK):
- Francis S M Chou bought 190,500 shares at $12.50 per share for a total value of $2,380,755 on Aug 01.
About the company: Overstock.com, Inc. offers discounted brand-name merchandise for sale over the Internet. Products include bed-and-bath goods, kitchenware, jewelry, sporting goods, electronics, and designer accessories.
Plains All American Pipeline LP (NYSE:PAA):
- Paul G Allen sold 7,500,000 shares at $59.30 per share for a total value of $444,750,000 on Aug 17.
- John T. Raymond bought 200,354 shares at $59.30 per share for a total value of $11,880,992 on Aug 18.
- John T. Raymond bought 65,108 shares at $59.30 per share for a total value of $3,860,904 on Aug 23.
About the company: Plains All American Pipeline LP is involved in interstate and intrastate crude oil pipeline transportation and crude oil terminalling storage activities. The Partnership is also involved in gathering and marketing activities. Plains owns and operates a seasonally heated, common carrier crude oil pipe-line extending from CA to TX and an oil gathering system in CA.
Universal Display Corp. (NASDAQ:PANL):
- Julia J Brown sold 41,000 shares at $44.04 per share for a total value of $1,805,640 on Aug 23.
About the company: Universal Display Corporation is a member of the United States Display Consortium. The consortium is a cooperative industry/government effort aimed at developing an infrastructure to support a North American flat panel display infrastructure. The Company and its partners are developing high-resolution, full color, light weight Organic Light Emitting Diode technology.
VeriFone Systems, Inc. (NYSE:PAY):
- Elmore Waller sold 13,907 shares at $37.10 per share for a total value of $515,975 on Aug 16.
About the company: VeriFone Systems, Inc. is a global provider of technology that enables electronic payment transactions and value-added services at the point of sale. The Company’s customers include financial institutions, payment processors, petroleum companies, large retailers, government organizations and healthcare companies, as well as independent sales organizations.
Pharmacyclics, Inc. (NASDAQ:PCYC):
- Baker Brothers Life Sciences bought 287,264 shares at $9.96 per share for a total value of $2,861,270 on Aug 22.
About the company: Pharmacyclics, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company developing products to improve upon current therapeutic approaches to cancer, atherosclerosis, and retinal disease. The Company’s products are patented agents derived from its technology platform for designing and synthesizing energy-potentiating drugs.
Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc. (NASDAQ:PEET):
- Kay Bogeajis sold 8,766 shares at $58.20 per share for a total value of $510,185 on Aug 10.
- Tom Cawley sold 50,000 shares at $59.65 per share for a total value of $2,982,500 on Aug 05.
- David Deno sold 22,500 shares at $59.57 per share for a total value of $1,340,325 on Aug 05.
- Jean Michel Valette sold 12,500 shares at $59.85 per share for a total value of $748,125 on Aug 05.
About the company: Peet’s Coffee & Tea Inc. markets fresh roasted whole bean coffee. The Company distributes its products through specialty grocery and gourmet food stores, mail order, and office and restaurant accounts.
Pegasystems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PEGA):
- Craig A Dynes sold 12,219 shares at $43.65 per share for a total value of $533,359 on Aug 15.
- Richard H Jones sold 14,000 shares at $42.69 per share for a total value of $597,660 on Aug 10.
About the company: Pegasystems, Inc. develops customer relationship management software The software automates customer interactions across transaction-intensive enterprises. The Company provides its products to customers in the banking, mutual funds and securities, mortgage services, card services, insurance, healthcare management, and telecommunications industries.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC filings. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>