Company Shares Hitting 52-Week Lows as Dow Closes Above 12,000
Here are stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- AU Optronics Corp. (NYSE:AUO): Down 4.98% to $7.06. AU Optronics Corp. manufactures and markets thin film transistor-liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs) and plasma display panels (PDPs). The Company sells its products in Taiwan and exports worldwide.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP (NYSE:BWP): Up 0.33% to $27.60. Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP transports, gathers, and stores natural gas. The Company owns and operates interstate pipeline systems that either serve customers directly or indirectly throughout the northeastern and southeastern United States.
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Down 5.26% to $3.60. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- Cree Inc. (NASDAQ:CREE): Down 3.74% to $34.27. Cree, Inc. develops and manufactures semiconductor materials and electronic devices made from silicon carbide (SiC). The Company uses proprietary technology to make enabling compound semiconductors such as blue and green light emitting diodes, SiC crystals used in the production of unique gemstones, and SiC wafers that are sold for device production and research.
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB): Down 1% to $42.70. Dolby Laboratories Inc. develops audio signal processing systems for the motion picture, broadcasting, and music recording industries, as well as the consumer market.
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc. (NYSE:FSL): Down 2.28% to $14.99.
- Gerdau S.A. (NYSE:GGB): Down 1.09% to $9.96. Gerdau S.A. manufactures steel. The Company produces crude, long, specialty, rolled, and drawn steel products. Gerdau manufactures its steel primarily in mini-mills. The Company operates in Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Argentina, Canada, and the United States.
- iPath Optimized Currency Carry ETN (NYSE:ICI): Up 0.39% to $46.12. iPath Optimized Currency Carry ETN is an exchange-traded note issued in the USA. The Notes will provide investors with a cash payment at the scheduled maturity or early redemption based on the performance of the underlying index, the Barclays Intelligent Carry Index, which attempts to capture returns potentially available from the “carry trade” in G10 currencies.
- China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (NYSE:LFC): Down 3.01% to $48.07. China Life Insurance Co., Limited offers a wide range of life, accident, and health insurance products and services.
- LinkedIn Corporation Class A Co (NYSE:LNKD): Down 4.01% to $65.53. LinkedIn Corporation operates a social networking website used for professional networking. The Company’s website allows members to post a profile of their professional expertise and accomplishments. LinkedIn allows members to be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts.
- LG Display Co., Ltd. (NYSE:LPL): Down 5.61% to $13.12. LG Display Company Ltd. develops and manufactures digital display products. The Company’s products include thin film transistor-liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCD) for notebook and desktop computer monitors, TVs, and mobile phones. LG Display provides its products to overseas and domestic markets.
- Lender Processing Services, Inc. (NYSE:LPS): Down 12.62% to $20.42. Lender Processing Services, Inc. offers mortgage processing and default management outsourcing services to mortgage lenders.
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL): Down 4.21% to $13.21. Marvell Technology Group Ltd. designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for communications-related markets. The Company’s products provide the interface between analog signals and the digital information used in computing and communications systems. Marvell’s technology is applied to the broadband data communications market.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd. A (NYSE:QIHU): Down 14.52% to $17.48. Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products in the People’s Republic of China. The Companys products include an Internet security product for Internet security and system optimization; an anti-virus application to protect users’ computers against trojan horses, viruses, worms, adware, and other forms of malware; and a mobile smartphone security program.
- Renren Inc. American Depositary (NYSE:RENN): Up 3.69% to $7.03. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Down 21.45% to $27.75. Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
- Spectra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE:SEP): Up 1.91% to $30.97. Spectra Energy Partners LP owns and operates natural gas transportation and storage assets. The Company owns interstate natural gas pipeline systems located in the southeastern United States and natural gas storage facilities in Texas and Louisiana.
- Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. (NASDAQ:SNDA): Down 0.81% to $35.69. Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd, operates online games in China. The Company offers a portfolio of online games that users play over the Internet. Shanda’s games are licensed from third parties as well as developed in-house.
- Brazilian Telecommunications Corp. (NYSE:TBH): Down 2.73% to $4.64. Telecomunicacoes Brasileiras S.A. – Telebras is the ADR of a representative receipt made up of pre-determined stocks of different telecommunications companies and types of shares traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>