Company Shares Reaching 52-Week Price Highs as Markets Rise
Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): Up 1.4% to $23.88. Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE:MRK): Up 0.83% to $37.58. Merck & Co., Inc. is a global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of human and animal health products. Merck’s products include a treatment for elevated cholesterol, a treatment for male pattern hair loss, a preventive treatment for osteoporosis, a treatment for hypertension, and a treatment for allergic rhinitis.
- McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE:MCD): Up 0.7% to $81.50. McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world.
- American Express Company (NYSE:AXP): Up 0.59% to $51.06. American Express Company is a global payment and travel company. The Company’s principal products and services are charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world.
- Altria Group Inc. (NYSE:MO): Up 0.76% to $27.87. Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and pipe tobacco. Altria holds an interest in a brewery company.
- Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN): Up 0.46% to $61.17. Amgen Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on cellular and molecular biology. The Company focuses its research on secreted protein and small molecule therapeutics, with particular emphasis on neuroscience and cancer. Amgen concentrates on the areas of hematology, cancer, infectious disease, endocrinology, neurobiology, and inflammation.
- Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT): Up 1.27% to $43.20. Medtronic, Inc. develops therapeutic and diagnostic medical products. The Company’s principal products include those for bradycardia pacing, tachyarrhythmia management, atrial fibrillation management, heart failure management, heart valve replacement, malignant and non-malignant pain, and movement disorders. Medtronic’s products are sold worldwide.
- Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX): Up 1.14% to $60.26. Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets products and technologies related to hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The Company’s products are used by hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors’ offices, and research laboratories.
- Express Scripts Inc. (NASDAQ:ESRX): 0% to $60.14. Express Scripts, Inc is a full service pharmacy benefit management and specialty managed care company serving clients throughout North America. The Company’s customers include managed care organizations, insurance carriers, third party administrators, employers, and union-sponsored benefit plans. Express provides pharmacy network management, formulary management, and other services.
- Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL): Up 5.35% to $16.75. Dell Inc. offers a wide range of computers and related products. The Company sells personal computers, servers and networking products, storage systems, mobility products, software and peripherals, and services. Dell serves consumers and businesses in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific region.
- BCE, Inc. (NYSE:BCE): Up 1.9% to $39.78. BCE Inc., provides a full range of communication services to residential and business customers in Canada. The Company’s services includes local, long distance and wireless phone services, high speed and wireless Internet access, IP-broadband services, value-added business solutions and direct-to-home satellite and VDSL television services.
- Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D): Down 0.74% to $47.97. Dominion Resources, Inc., a diversified utility holding company, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Company produces, transports, distributes, and markets natural gas to customers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Covidien plc (NYSE:COV): Up 2.28% to $57.40. Covidien PLC is a global healthcare products company. The Company develops, manufactures and distributes a diverse range of medical devices and supplies, diagnostics imaging agents, pharmaceuticals and other healthcare products for use in clinical and home settings.
- General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS): Up 0.05% to $39.89. General Mills, Inc. manufactures and markets branded and packaged consumer foods worldwide. The Company also supplies branded and unbranded food products to the foodservice and commercial baking industries.