Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Temple-Inland, Inc. (NYSE:TIN): The shares closed at $31.42, up $0.05, or 0.16%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $3.41 billion. About the company: Temple-Inland Inc. manufactures paper, corrugated packaging, and building products. Temple-Inland’s products include linerboard, lumber, particleboard, and fiberboard.
Losers (% price change)
- Federal Signal Corp. (NYSE:FSS): The shares closed at $4.45, down $0.3, or 6.32%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $276.72 million. About the company: Federal Signal Corporation manufactures and supplies safety, signaling, and communications equipment. The Company’s equipment includes fire rescue products, street sweeping and vacuum loader vehicles, parking control equipment, custom on-premise signage, carbide cutting tools, precision punches and dies, and plastic injection mold components.
- Olin Corporation (NYSE:OLN): The shares closed at $18.28, down $1.04, or 5.38%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.47 billion. About the company: Olin Corporation manufactures chemicals and ammunition products. The Company manufactures and sells chlorine, caustic soda, sodium hydrosulfite, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, sodium chlorate, bleach products, and potassium hydroxide. Olin also manufactures products that include sporting ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and industrial cartridges.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV): The shares closed at $46.87, down $1.92, or 3.94%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $8.72 billion. About the company: Dover Corporation manufactures a variety of specialized industrial products and manufacturing equipment. The Company’s products include Material handling equipment, refuse truck bodies, tank trailers, refrigeration systems, refrigeration display cases, marking and coding systems,sucker rods, drill bit inserts, nozzles, swivels and breakaways, and electronic technology equipment.
- 3M Company (NYSE:MMM): The shares closed at $73.60, down $2.68, or 3.51%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $52.22 billion. About the company: 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE:LUK): The shares closed at $23.04, down $0.72, or 3.03%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $5.64 billion. About the company: Leucadia National Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company is involved in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development and winery operations.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>