Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Koninklijke Philips (NYSE:PHG): The shares closed at $19.09, up $1.08, or 6%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $18.56 billion. About the company: Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. manufactures medical systems; domestic appliances; consumer electronics; and lighting. The Company produces imaging, ultrasound and healthcare informatics equipment; shaving and beauty and health and wellness products; displays, and peripherals; and lamps and luminaries.
- ABB Ltd (NYSE:ABB): The shares closed at $17.95, up $0.73, or 4.24%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $41.11 billion. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
- Federal Signal Corp. (NYSE:FSS): The shares closed at $4.62, up $0.17, or 3.82%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $287.29 million. About the company: Federal Signal Corporation manufactures and supplies safety, signaling, and communications equipment. The Company’s equipment includes fire rescue products, street sweeping and vacuum loader vehicles, parking control equipment, custom on-premise signage, carbide cutting tools, precision punches and dies, and plastic injection mold components.
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE:LUK): The shares closed at $23.88, up $0.84, or 3.65%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $5.84 billion. About the company: Leucadia National Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company is involved in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development and winery operations.
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): The shares closed at $94.57, up $3.08, or 3.37%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $82.66 billion. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
Losers (% price change)
- The Zweig Fund, Inc. (NYSE:ZF): The shares closed at $2.88, down $0.02, or 0.69%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $264.83 million. About the company: Zweig Fund, Inc. is a closed-end, diversified management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective seeks to increase capital primarily through investment in equity securities consistent with the preservation of capital. The Fund also seeks to preserve capital through the use of certain hedging and market timing techniques.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>