Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): The shares closed at $97.64, up $4.36, or 4.67%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $85.34 billion. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT): The shares closed at $17.45, up $0.69, or 4.12%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.84 billion. About the company: Textron Inc. is a global, multi-industry company with operations in aircraft, defense, industrial products, and finance. The Company’s products include airplanes, helicopters, weapons, and automotive products. Textron’s finance division offers asset based lending, aviation, distribution, golf, and resort finance, as well as structured capital.
- ABB Ltd (NYSE:ABB): The shares closed at $19.11, up $0.61, or 3.3%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $43.77 billion. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE): The shares closed at $16.08, up $0.44, or 2.81%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $170.45 billion. About the company: General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally.
- United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX): The shares closed at $75.61, up $1.93, or 2.62%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $68.71 billion. About the company: United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and support services to customers in the aerospace and building industries worldwide. The Company’s products include aircraft engines, elevators and escalators, heating and air conditioning equipment, helicopters, aerospace systems, fuel cell systems, and fire and safety equipment.
Losers (% price change)
- Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE:FO): The shares closed at $57.82, down $0.29, or 0.5%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $8.93 billion. About the company: Fortune Brands, Inc. is a holding company with operating companies that offers home and hardware products, produces wines and spirits, and offers golf products.
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE:LUK): The shares closed at $28.58, down $0.01, or 0.03%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $6.99 billion. About the company: Leucadia National Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company is involved in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development and winery operations.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>