Conglomerates Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Temple-Inland, Inc. (NYSE:TIN): The shares closed at $31.32, up $0.03, or 0.1%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $3.40 billion. About the company: Temple-Inland Inc. manufactures paper, corrugated packaging, and building products. Temple-Inland’s products include linerboard, lumber, particleboard, and fiberboard.
Losers (% price change)
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE:LUK): The shares closed at $25.24, down $2.35, or 8.52%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $6.17 billion. About the company: Leucadia National Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company is involved in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development and winery operations.
- Federal Signal Corp. (NYSE:FSS): The shares closed at $4.50, down $0.33, or 6.83%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $279.83 million. About the company: Federal Signal Corporation manufactures and supplies safety, signaling, and communications equipment. The Company’s equipment includes fire rescue products, street sweeping and vacuum loader vehicles, parking control equipment, custom on-premise signage, carbide cutting tools, precision punches and dies, and plastic injection mold components.
- Olin Corporation (NYSE:OLN): The shares closed at $18.55, down $0.89, or 4.58%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.49 billion. About the company: Olin Corporation manufactures chemicals and ammunition products. The Company manufactures and sells chlorine, caustic soda, sodium hydrosulfite, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, sodium chlorate, bleach products, and potassium hydroxide. Olin also manufactures products that include sporting ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and industrial cartridges.
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE): The shares closed at $15.38, down $0.66, or 4.11%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $163.03 billion. About the company: General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally.
- Emerson Electric Co. (NYSE:EMR): The shares closed at $43.75, down $1.8, or 3.95%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $32.58 billion. About the company: Emerson Electric Co. manufactures and markets electrical, electromechanical, and electronic products and systems. The Company produces a variety of products, including process control, industrial automation, electronics, appliance components, and electric motors. Emerson sells its products around the world.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>