Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Koninklijke Philips (NYSE:PHG): The shares closed at $20.55, up $1.07, or 5.49%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $19.98 billion. About the company: Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. manufactures medical systems; domestic appliances; consumer electronics; and lighting. The Company produces imaging, ultrasound and healthcare informatics equipment; shaving and beauty and health and wellness products; displays, and peripherals; and lamps and luminaries.
- ABB Ltd (NYSE:ABB): The shares closed at $19.54, up $0.74, or 3.94%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $44.75 billion. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
- ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT): The shares closed at $45.92, up $1.56, or 3.52%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $8.51 billion. About the company: ITT Corporation designs and manufactures a variety of engineered products. The Company produces pumps, systems, and services to measure and control water and other fluids. ITT also supplies military defense systems, including night vision devices, secure communication systems, and avionics, in addition to providing electrical interconnects, and data storage and PC cards.
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE:LUK): The shares closed at $24.77, up $0.66, or 2.74%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $6.06 billion. About the company: Leucadia National Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company is involved in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development and winery operations.
- 3M Company (NYSE:MMM): The shares closed at $78.36, up $1.94, or 2.54%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $55.60 billion. About the company: 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
Losers (% price change)
- Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT): The shares closed at $18.30, down $0.18, or 0.97%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $5.08 billion. About the company: Textron Inc. is a global, multi-industry company with operations in aircraft, defense, industrial products, and finance. The Company’s products include airplanes, helicopters, weapons, and automotive products. Textron’s finance division offers asset based lending, aviation, distribution, golf, and resort finance, as well as structured capital.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>