Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Federal Signal Corp. (NYSE:FSS): The shares closed at $4.52, up $0.26, or 6.1%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $281.07 million. About the company: Federal Signal Corporation manufactures and supplies safety, signaling, and communications equipment. The Company’s equipment includes fire rescue products, street sweeping and vacuum loader vehicles, parking control equipment, custom on-premise signage, carbide cutting tools, precision punches and dies, and plastic injection mold components.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV): The shares closed at $54.37, up $2.58, or 4.98%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $10.11 billion. About the company: Dover Corporation manufactures a variety of specialized industrial products and manufacturing equipment. The Company’s products include Material handling equipment, refuse truck bodies, tank trailers, refrigeration systems, refrigeration display cases, marking and coding systems,sucker rods, drill bit inserts, nozzles, swivels and breakaways, and electronic technology equipment.
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE:LUK): The shares closed at $25.30, up $1.11, or 4.59%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $6.19 billion. About the company: Leucadia National Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company is involved in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development and winery operations.
- Emerson Electric Co. (NYSE:EMR): The shares closed at $47.79, up $1.87, or 4.07%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $35.59 billion. About the company: Emerson Electric Co. manufactures and markets electrical, electromechanical, and electronic products and systems. The Company produces a variety of products, including process control, industrial automation, electronics, appliance components, and electric motors. Emerson sells its products around the world.
- The Zweig Fund, Inc. (NYSE:ZF): The shares closed at $3.02, up $0.11, or 3.78%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $277.71 million. About the company: Zweig Fund, Inc. is a closed-end, diversified management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective seeks to increase capital primarily through investment in equity securities consistent with the preservation of capital. The Fund also seeks to preserve capital through the use of certain hedging and market timing techniques.
Losers (% price change)
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>