Conglomerates Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks on Oct 19th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN): The shares closed at $42.96, up $0.08, or 0.19%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $15.19 billion. About the company: Raytheon Company operates in defense, homeland security and other government markets. The Company provides electronics, mission systems integration in the areas of sensing, effects, command, control, communications and intelligence systems, and mission support services. Raytheon provides products and services worldwide.
Losers (% price change)
- ABB Ltd (NYSE:ABB): The shares closed at $18.49, down $0.79, or 4.1%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $42.35 billion. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): The shares closed at $99.76, down $3.8, or 3.67%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $87.19 billion. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- Federal Signal Corp. (NYSE:FSS): The shares closed at $4.37, down $0.15, or 3.32%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $271.74 million. About the company: Federal Signal Corporation manufactures and supplies safety, signaling, and communications equipment. The Company’s equipment includes fire rescue products, street sweeping and vacuum loader vehicles, parking control equipment, custom on-premise signage, carbide cutting tools, precision punches and dies, and plastic injection mold components.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV): The shares closed at $52.80, down $1.57, or 2.89%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $9.82 billion. About the company: Dover Corporation manufactures a variety of specialized industrial products and manufacturing equipment. The Company’s products include Material handling equipment, refuse truck bodies, tank trailers, refrigeration systems, refrigeration display cases, marking and coding systems,sucker rods, drill bit inserts, nozzles, swivels and breakaways, and electronic technology equipment.
- Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE:TYC): The shares closed at $43.56, down $1.16, or 2.59%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $20.23 billion. About the company: Tyco International Ltd. provides security products and services, fire protection and detection products and services, valves and controls, and other industrial products.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>