Conglomerates Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks on Oct 21st
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Federal Signal Corp. (NYSE:FSS): The shares closed at $4.56, up $0.18, or 4.11%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $283.56 million. About the company: Federal Signal Corporation manufactures and supplies safety, signaling, and communications equipment. The Company’s equipment includes fire rescue products, street sweeping and vacuum loader vehicles, parking control equipment, custom on-premise signage, carbide cutting tools, precision punches and dies, and plastic injection mold components.
- Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT): The shares closed at $19.07, up $0.73, or 3.98%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $5.29 billion. About the company: Textron Inc. is a global, multi-industry company with operations in aircraft, defense, industrial products, and finance. The Company’s products include airplanes, helicopters, weapons, and automotive products. Textron’s finance division offers asset based lending, aviation, distribution, golf, and resort finance, as well as structured capital.
- Olin Corporation (NYSE:OLN): The shares closed at $20.18, up $0.63, or 3.22%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.62 billion. About the company: Olin Corporation manufactures chemicals and ammunition products. The Company manufactures and sells chlorine, caustic soda, sodium hydrosulfite, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, sodium chlorate, bleach products, and potassium hydroxide. Olin also manufactures products that include sporting ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and industrial cartridges.
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): The shares closed at $102.97, up $3.21, or 3.22%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $90.00 billion. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- ABB Ltd (NYSE:ABB): The shares closed at $19.08, up $0.59, or 3.19%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $43.70 billion. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
Losers (% price change)
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE): The shares closed at $16.31, down $0.32, or 1.92%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $172.89 billion. About the company: General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV): The shares closed at $52.71, down $0.84, or 1.57%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $9.81 billion. About the company: Dover Corporation manufactures a variety of specialized industrial products and manufacturing equipment. The Company’s products include Material handling equipment, refuse truck bodies, tank trailers, refrigeration systems, refrigeration display cases, marking and coding systems,sucker rods, drill bit inserts, nozzles, swivels and breakaways, and electronic technology equipment.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>