Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s action in the Conglomerates sector:
Gainers (% price change)
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): The shares closed at $96.34, up $3.85, or 4.16%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $84.20 billion. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- ABB Ltd (NYSE:ABB): The shares closed at $17.75, up $0.69, or 4.04%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $40.65 billion. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
- Dover Corporation (NYSE:DOV): The shares closed at $50.64, up $1.64, or 3.35%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $9.42 billion. About the company: Dover Corporation manufactures a variety of specialized industrial products and manufacturing equipment. The Company’s products include Material handling equipment, refuse truck bodies, tank trailers, refrigeration systems, refrigeration display cases, marking and coding systems,sucker rods, drill bit inserts, nozzles, swivels and breakaways, and electronic technology equipment.
- ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT): The shares closed at $43.97, up $1.38, or 3.24%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $8.15 billion. About the company: ITT Corporation designs and manufactures a variety of engineered products. The Company produces pumps, systems, and services to measure and control water and other fluids. ITT also supplies military defense systems, including night vision devices, secure communication systems, and avionics, in addition to providing electrical interconnects, and data storage and PC cards.
- Koninklijke Philips (NYSE:PHG): The shares closed at $18.32, up $0.55, or 3.1%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $17.82 billion. About the company: Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. manufactures medical systems; domestic appliances; consumer electronics; and lighting. The Company produces imaging, ultrasound and healthcare informatics equipment; shaving and beauty and health and wellness products; displays, and peripherals; and lamps and luminaries.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>