Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of ConocoPhillips in Q3 2011:
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,223,683 shares, worth $76,724,924.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 872,937 shares, worth $54,733,150.
- SOUND SHORE MANAGEMENT INC /CT/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 813,078 shares, worth $50,979,991.
- WESTCHESTER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 799,000 shares, worth $50,097,300.
- TUKMAN GROSSMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 762,000 shares, worth $47,777,400.
About the company: ConocoPhillips is an international, integrated energy company which operates in several business segments. The Company explores for and produces petroleum, and refines, markets, supplies, and transports petroleum. ConocoPhillips also gathers and processes natural gas, and produces and distributes chemicals and plastics.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), BP plc (NYSE:BP), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (NYSE:SNP), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT) and Statoil ASA (NYSE:STO).
(Note: Data regarding ConocoPhillips’ stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>