Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold CONSOL Energy Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Harvey J Brett: act as Chairman and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/03/2011, sold 82,447 shares, worth $3,668,100.
- Deiuliis N J: act as President. On 11/03/2011, sold 2,940 shares, worth $129,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of CONSOL Energy Inc. in Q3 2011:
- TRIAN FUND MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 699,700 shares, worth $33,746,531. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SATURNA CAPITAL CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 650,000 shares, worth $31,349,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DIAMONDBACK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 609,346 shares, worth $29,388,758. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ZWEIG DIMENNA PARTNERS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 262,300 shares, worth $12,650,729. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- UBS OCONNOR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 158,688 shares, worth $7,653,522. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: CONSOL Energy Inc. produces high-BTU bituminous coal, and also coalbed methane gas. The Company primarily produces pipeline-quality coalbed methane gas from coal properties in the Northern and the Central Appalachian basin, other western basins, and oil and gas from properties in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins.
Competitors to Watch: Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU), Arch Coal, Inc. (NYSE:ACI), Alliance Holdings GP, L.P. (NASDAQ:AHGP), Intl. Coal Group, Inc. (NYSE:ICO), Patriot Coal Corporation (NYSE:PCX), Massey Energy Company (NYSE:MEE), Natural Resource Partners LP (NYSE:NRP), Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:ANR), James River Coal Company (NASDAQ:JRCC), and Oxford Resource Partners, LP (NYSE:OXF).
(Note: Data regarding CONSOL Energy Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>