Constellation Brands: Insider and Institutional Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Constellation Brands Inc. (NYSE:STZ).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Constellation Brands Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Sands Richard: act as Chairman of the Board, 10% Owner. On 10/13/2011, sold 226,050 shares, worth $4,647,600.
- Sands Robert: act as President & CEO, 10% Owner. On 10/13/2011, sold 224,522 shares, worth $4,616,200.
- Sands Richard: act as Chairman of the Board, 10% Owner. On 10/19/2011, sold 192,600 shares, worth $3,902,100.
- Sands Robert: act as President & CEO, 10% Owner. On 10/19/2011, sold 175,800 shares, worth $3,561,700.
- Sands Robert: act as President & CEO, 10% Owner. On 10/27/2011, sold 139,444 shares, worth $2,822,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Constellation Brands Inc. in Q3 2011:
- LONDON CO OF VIRGINIA: On 06/30/2011, held 1,900,835 shares, worth $39,575,385. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARONSON & JOHNSON & ORTIZ, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 836,000 shares, worth $17,405,520. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 488,300 shares, worth $10,166,406. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 389,609 shares, worth $8,111,659. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OPPENHEIMER FUNDS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 382,454 shares, worth $7,962,692. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Constellation Brands, Inc. produces and markets beverage alcohol in North America, Europe, and Australia, and New Zealand. The Company has a portfolio of brands across the wine, imported beer, and distilled spirits categories. Constellation conducts its business through wholly owned subsidiaries as well as through a variety of joint ventures with various other entities.
Competitors to Watch: Castle Brands Inc. (AMEX:ROX), Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO), Willamette Valley Vineyards, Inc. (NASDAQ:WVVI), Molson Coors Brewing Co. (NYSE:TAP), Craft Brewers Alliance, Inc. (NASDAQ:HOOK), Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (NYSE:CCU), Fortune Brands, Inc. (NYSE:FO), Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD), Boston Beer Company (NYSE:SAM) and Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (NYSE:ABV).
(Note: Data regarding Constellation Brands Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>