Gainers (% price change)
- Feihe International Inc (NYSE:ADY): The shares closed at $5.64, up $0.28, or 5.22%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $122.28 million. About the company: Feihe International, Inc. is a producer and distributor of premium infant formula, milk powder, and soybean, rice and walnut products in the People’s Republic of China.
- Gruma S.A.B. de C.V. (ADR (NYSE:GMK): The shares closed at $6.96, up $0.06, or 0.87%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $980.75 million. About the company: Gruma S.A.B., through its subsidiaries, produces and markets corn flour, tortillas, wheat flour, and bread. The Company operates in Mexico, the United States, Central America, Venezuela, and Europe. Brand names include Mission, Guerrero, Tortirica, and Breddy.
- Dean Foods Company (NYSE:DF): The shares closed at $9.23, up $0.04, or 0.44%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.70 billion. About the company: Dean Foods Company is a food and beverage company that produces a full line of Company-branded and private label dairy and dairy-related products. The Company provides products such as milk and milk-based beverages, ice cream, half and half, whipping cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt, dips, and soy milk. Dean Foods also supplies pickles, juice, juice drinks, and water.
- ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year (NYSE:UST): The shares closed at $103.22, up $0.21, or 0.2%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $15.32 billion. About the company: ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the daily performance of the Barclays Capital 7-10 Year U.S. Treasury Bond Index.
- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE:MED): The shares closed at $16.84, up $0.03, or 0.18%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $260.18 million. About the company: Medifast, Inc. combines physician-supervised weight loss programs with nutritional supplements and multidisciplinary patient education programs. The Company provides an Internet-based physician and medical practitioner network to consumers. Medifast also provides a corporate wellness program for large corporations, associations, and their health insurance carriers.
Losers (% price change)
- Synutra Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:SYUT): The shares closed at $4.74, down $0.43, or 8.32%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $271.61 million. About the company: Synutra International, Inc., through subsidiaries, manufactures infant formula and other nutritional products.
- Alliance One Intl., Inc. (NYSE:AOI): The shares closed at $2.50, down $0.21, or 7.75%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $217.69 million. About the company: Alliance One International, Inc. is an independent leaf tobacco merchant serving large multinational cigarette manufacturers. The Company selects, purchases, processes, packs, stores, and ships leaf tobacco. Alliance One also provides, in certain developing markets, agronomy expertise and financing for the growing of leaf tobacco.
- Ennis, Inc. (NYSE:EBF): The shares closed at $12.85, down $1.03, or 7.42%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $334.79 million. About the company: Ennis Inc is a wholesale manufacturer of a line of printed business products. The Company’s products include stock and custom business forms, checks, commercial printing, promotional products, office supplies, tags, labels, presentation products, and multi-media packaging. Ennis sells in the United States.
- Inter Parfums, Inc. (NASDAQ:IPAR): The shares closed at $15.00, down $1.15, or 7.12%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $458.09 million. About the company: Inter Parfums, Inc. develops, manufactures and distributes prestige perfumes and cosmetics as the exclusive worldwide licensee for Burberry, Van Cleef & Arpels, Jimmy Choo, Paul Smith, Montblanc, S.T. Dupont and Boucheron. Inter Parfums, Inc. also owns Lanvin Perfumes and Nickel, a men’s skin care company. It also produces personal care products for specialty retailers under exclusive agreements for Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, bebe, Betsey Johnson, Nine West and Lane Bryant brands.
- Seaboard Corporation (AMEX:SEB): The shares closed at $1,841.56, down $137.44, or 6.94%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.24 billion. About the company: Seaboard Corporation is a diversified international agribusiness and transportation company that primarily produces and processes domestic pork and ships cargo. The Company also merchandises commodities, mills flour and feed, farms produce, produces sugar, and generates electric power overseas.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>