Consumer Non-Cyclical Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks on Oct 17th
Gainers (% price change)
- Libbey Inc. (AMEX:LBY): The shares closed at $11.67, up $0.45, or 4.01%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $172.03 million. About the company: Libbey Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets glass tableware, which is used by foodservice, industrial, premium, and retail customers around the world. The Company also provides ceramic dinnerware and metal flatware to foodservice users in the United States. In addition, Libbey is the exclusive distributor of Vitrocrisa glass tableware products in the United States and Canada.
- Embotelladora Andina SA (NYSE:AKO.A): The shares closed at $23.40, up $0.5, or 2.18%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.97 billion.
- Gruma S.A.B. de C.V. (ADR (NYSE:GMK): The shares closed at $7.20, up $0.07, or 0.98%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.01 billion. About the company: Gruma S.A.B., through its subsidiaries, produces and markets corn flour, tortillas, wheat flour, and bread. The Company operates in Mexico, the United States, Central America, Venezuela, and Europe. Brand names include Mission, Guerrero, Tortirica, and Breddy.
- ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year (NYSE:UST): The shares closed at $100.85, up $0.93, or 0.93%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $14.97 billion. About the company: ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the daily performance of the Barclays Capital 7-10 Year U.S. Treasury Bond Index.
- Grupo Casa Saba, S.A (NYSE:SAB): The shares closed at $10.40, up $0.09, or 0.87%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $260.70 million. About the company: Grupo Casa Saba SAB de C.V. distributes pharmaceutical products, health and beauty aids, and non-perishable foods. The Company distributes its products to pharmacies, mass merchandisers, and other specialized channels throughout Mexico.
Losers (% price change)
- Green Mountain Coffee (NASDAQ:GMCR): The shares closed at $82.50, down $9.59, or 10.41%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $12.63 billion. About the company: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. roasts Arabica coffees and offers various coffee selections. The Company’s products include single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, signature blends, and flavored coffees sold under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand. Green Mountain serves offices, supermarkets, and convenience stores, and operates a direct mail business.
- Cadiz Inc. (NASDAQ:CDZI): The shares closed at $7.99, down $0.89, or 10.02%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $113.40 million. About the company: Cadiz Inc. develops and manages water and agricultural resources in California. The Company’s portfolio of assets encompasses landholdings with groundwater resources and water storage availability, agricultural properties with water rights, and contractual water rights. Cadiz also holds technologies for water conservation, reclamation, production, and conveyance.
- Feihe International Inc (NYSE:ADY): The shares closed at $4.91, down $0.41, or 7.71%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $109.69 million. About the company: Feihe International, Inc. is a producer and distributor of premium infant formula, milk powder, and soybean, rice and walnut products in the People’s Republic of China.
- ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE:ABD): The shares closed at $5.40, down $0.4, or 6.9%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $297.98 million. About the company: Acco Brands Corporation manufactures office products. The Company produces staplers, daily scheduling diaries, shredders, laminating equipment, and presentation boards.
- Inter Parfums, Inc. (NASDAQ:IPAR): The shares closed at $16.47, down $1.11, or 6.31%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $502.98 million. About the company: Inter Parfums, Inc. develops, manufactures and distributes prestige perfumes and cosmetics as the exclusive worldwide licensee for Burberry, Van Cleef & Arpels, Jimmy Choo, Paul Smith, Montblanc, S.T. Dupont and Boucheron. Inter Parfums, Inc. also owns Lanvin Perfumes and Nickel, a men’s skin care company. It also produces personal care products for specialty retailers under exclusive agreements for Gap, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, bebe, Betsey Johnson, Nine West and Lane Bryant brands.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>