Consumer Non-Cyclical Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks on Oct 6th
Gainers (% price change)
- Landec Corporation (NASDAQ:LNDC): The shares closed at $5.57, up $0.53, or 10.52%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $147.08 million. About the company: Landec Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and sells temperature activated and other specialty polymer products for a variety of food packaging, industrial, agricultural, and medical applications. The Company’s products are based on its Intelimer polymers, which differ from other polymers in that they can be customized to abruptly change their physical characteristics.
- Constellation Brands, Inc (NYSE:STZ): The shares closed at $20.40, up $1.68, or 8.97%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.37 billion. About the company: Constellation Brands, Inc. produces and markets beverage alcohol in North America, Europe, and Australia, and New Zealand. The Company has a portfolio of brands across the wine, imported beer, and distilled spirits categories. Constellation conducts its business through wholly owned subsidiaries as well as through a variety of joint ventures with various other entities.
- SunOpta, Inc. (NASDAQ:STKL): The shares closed at $4.99, up $0.32, or 6.85%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $327.80 million. About the company: SunOpta Inc. owns and operates businesses in the natural and organic food markets. The Company sources, processes, and distributes natural and organic food products. SunOpta also produces, distributes, and recycles environmentally friendly industrial materials. In addition, the Company engineers and markets clean pulping systems.
- Feihe International Inc (NYSE:ADY): The shares closed at $4.86, up $0.31, or 6.81%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $108.57 million. About the company: Feihe International, Inc. is a producer and distributor of premium infant formula, milk powder, and soybean, rice and walnut products in the People’s Republic of China.
- Embotelladora Andina SA (NYSE:AKO.A): The shares closed at $22.04, up $1.31, or 6.32%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.79 billion.
Losers (% price change)
- Lifetime Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ:LCUT): The shares closed at $9.70, down $0.74, or 7.09%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $117.20 million. About the company: Lifetime Brands, Inc. designs, markets, and distributes household cutlery, kitchenware, cutting boards, and bakeware. The Company markets its products under its own tradenames and licensed tradenames. Lifetime Brand’s products are distributed through retailers in the United States.
- Calavo Growers, Inc. (NASDAQ:CVGW): The shares closed at $20.06, down $1.14, or 5.38%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $296.27 million. About the company: Calavo Growers, Inc. procures and markets avocados and other perishable foods, and prepares and distributes processed avocado products. The Company delivers a wide array of fresh and processed food products to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, and restaurants on a worldwide basis.
- Libbey Inc. (AMEX:LBY): The shares closed at $10.81, down $0.41, or 3.65%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $159.35 million. About the company: Libbey Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets glass tableware, which is used by foodservice, industrial, premium, and retail customers around the world. The Company also provides ceramic dinnerware and metal flatware to foodservice users in the United States. In addition, Libbey is the exclusive distributor of Vitrocrisa glass tableware products in the United States and Canada.
- ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year (NYSE:UST): The shares closed at $103.34, down $1.35, or 1.29%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $15.34 billion. About the company: ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the daily performance of the Barclays Capital 7-10 Year U.S. Treasury Bond Index.
- Ecolab Inc. (NYSE:ECL): The shares closed at $50.09, down $0.53, or 1.05%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $11.62 billion. About the company: Ecolab Inc. develops and markets products and services for the hospitality, institutional, and industrial markets. The Company provides cleaning, sanitizing, pest elimination, and maintenance products, systems, and services. Ecolab provides its services to hotels and restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, light industry, and other customers located worldwide.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>