Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Corning Inc. (NYSE:GLW).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Corning Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Canning John A Jr: act as Director. On 10/27/2011, bought 30,000 shares, worth $462,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Corning Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MANNING & NAPIER ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 16,870,056 shares, worth $207,501,689.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 9,494,930 shares, worth $116,787,639.
- BROOKSIDE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 7,492,766 shares, worth $92,161,022.
- HOTCHKIS & WILEY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 7,155,253 shares, worth $88,009,612.
- ORBIS HOLDINGS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,061,381 shares, worth $74,554,986.
About the company: Corning Incorporated is a global, technology-based company. The Company produces optical fiber, cable, and photonic components for the telecommunications industry, as well as manufactures glass panels, funnels, liquid crystal display glass and projection video lens assemblies for the information display industry.
Competitors to Watch: Owens Corning (NYSE:OC), PPG Industries, Inc. (NYSE:PPG), Research Frontiers, Inc. (NASDAQ:REFR), Newport Corporation (NASDAQ:NEWP), 3M Company (NYSE:MMM), II-VI, Inc. (NASDAQ:IIVI).
(Note: Data regarding Corning Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>