Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider transactions for companies that do not belong to the S&P 500 index. Note that the following list excludes all transactions whose market value at the time of the transaction was less than $500,000.
Team, Inc. (NASDAQ:TISI):
- Philip J. Hawk sold 19,100 shares at $26.53 per share for a total value of $506,628 on Aug 02.
About the company: Team, Inc. provides specialized industrial services, including leak repair, hot tapping, emissions control, concrete repair, energy management, and mechanical inspection services. The Company has 40 customer service locations throughout the United States and three subsidiaries in England, Trinidad, and Singapore. The company also manufactures industrial equipment.
Tempur Pedic International, Inc. (NYSE:TPX):
- Dale E Williams sold 56,086 shares at $72.32 per share for a total value of $4,055,924 on Aug 01.
About the company: Tempur-Pedic International, Inc., through its primary subsidiary Tempur World, manufactures and markets foam mattresses, pillows, and miscellaneous products under the Tempur-Pedic and other brand names.
Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ:TSCO):
- Gregory A Sandfort sold 61,931 shares at $64.61 per share for a total value of $4,001,093 on Aug 02.
About the company: Tractor Supply Company operates a retail farm store chain in the United States. The Company provides farm maintenance products, animal products, general maintenance products, lawn and garden products, light truck equipment, work clothing, and other products. Customers include hobby, part-time, and full-time farmers and ranches, as well as rural customers, contractors, and tradesmen.
Tupperware Brands Corporation (NYSE:TUP):
- E V Goings bought 8,360 shares at $60.65 per share for a total value of $507,045 on Aug 03.
- William J Wright sold 18,750 shares at $61.48 per share for a total value of $1,152,799 on Aug 03.
About the company:Tupperware Brands Corporation is a portfolio of global direct selling companies which sell products across multiple brands and categories through an independent sales force. The Company’s product brands and categories include food preparation, storage, and serving solutions for the kitchen and home. Tupperware Brands Corp also sells beauty and personal care products.
Texas Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TXI):
- Longlead Partners Funds Trust bought 141,000 shares at $39.08 per share for a total value of $5,510,280 on Aug 01.
- Longlead Partners Funds Trust bought 319,867 shares at $38.41 per share for a total value of $12,284,773 on Aug 02.
- Longlead Partners Funds Trust bought 81,933 shares at $37.93 per share for a total value of $3,107,508 on Aug 03.
About the company: Texas Industries, Inc. and its subsidiaries supply construction materials such as cement, aggregate, and concrete products. The Company’s customers include the construction, original equipment manufacturers, tool, and country goods markets.
Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UA):
- Scott J Plank sold 11,460 shares at $66.26 per share for a total value of $759,299 on Aug 04.
- Scott J Plank sold 11,450 shares at $63.26 per share for a total value of $724,290 on Aug 05.
- Kevin A Plank sold 47,700 shares at $66.27 per share for a total value of $3,161,301 on Aug 04.
- Kevin A Plank sold 38,790 shares at $63.07 per share for a total value of $2,446,302 on Aug 05.
About the company: Under Armour, Inc. develops, markets, and distributed branded performance products for men, women, and youth. The Company designs and sells a broad offering of apparel and accessories made of synthetic microfibers.
Unit Corp. (NYSE:UNT):
- George Kaiser Family Foundation sold 63,623 shares at $62.05 per share for a total value of $3,948,023 on Aug 02.
About the company: Unit Corporation, through its subsidiaries, contracts to drill onshore oil and natural gas wells, as well as develops, acquires, and produces oil and natural gas properties. The Company’s operations are located primarily in the Anadarko and Arkoma Basins, as well as the south Texas and Permian Basins. Unit also has producing properties in other states and Canada.
Ultratech, Inc. (NASDAQ:UTEK):
- Arthur W Zafiropoulo sold 30,000 shares at $25.95 per share for a total value of $778,509 on Aug 01.
About the company:Ultratech, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets photolithography equipment used worldwide int he fabrication of semiconductor and nanotechnology devices. The Company has expanded its technology scope in pioneering laser processing technology for IC manufacturing.
VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW):
- EMC Corp. bought 55,000 shares at $90.49 per share for a total value of $4,976,884 on Aug 12.
- EMC Corp. bought 10,694 shares at $93.48 per share for a total value of $999,717 on Aug 15.
- EMC Corp. bought 43,365 shares at $92.22 per share for a total value of $3,998,903 on Aug 16.
- EMC Corp. bought 90,613 shares at $88.27 per share for a total value of $7,998,129 on Aug 17.
- EMC Corp. bought 505,305 shares at $79.14 per share for a total value of $39,989,585 on Aug 18.
- EMC Corp. bought 190,110 shares at $78.88 per share for a total value of $14,995,801 on Aug 19.
- EMC Corp. bought 159,814 shares at $78.20 per share for a total value of $12,496,752 on Aug 22.
- EMC Corp. bought 19,500 shares at $79.32 per share for a total value of $1,546,683 on Aug 23.
About the company: VMware, Inc. provides virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. The Company’s solution products address a range of IT problems, which include cost and operational efficiencies, business continuity, software lifecycle management and desktop management.
Vocus, Inc. (NASDAQ:VOCS):
- Richard E Rudman sold 25,000 shares at $28.31 per share for a total value of $707,750 on Aug 01.
About the company: Vocus, Inc. provides web-based software for public relations automation.
ViroPharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:VPHM):
- Baker Brothers Life Sciences bought 244,049 shares at $16.58 per share for a total value of $4,047,028 on Aug 10.
- Baker Brothers Life Sciences bought 32,704 shares at $16.97 per share for a total value of $555,121 on Aug 23.
About the company: ViroPharma Incorporated is a biopharmaceutical company committed to the commercialization, development, and discovery of new medicines. The Company’s products include a treatment for prophylaxis of hereditary angioedema as well as capsules for the treatment of antibiotic associated pseudomembraneous colitis caused by Clastridium difficile infection and enterocolitis.
Vistaprint N.V. (NASDAQ:VPRT):
- Thomas W Smith bought 42,564 shares at $25.97 per share for a total value of $1,105,217 on Aug 19.
About the company: VistaPrint NV is an online supplier of graphic design and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers worldwide. The Company offers products such as business cards, brochures, and holiday cards.
Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS):
- Michael J. Otto sold 8,929 shares at $119.99 per share for a total value of $1,071,391 on Aug 01.
- P Schaefer Price sold 20,000 shares at $120.15 per share for a total value of $2,403,006 on Aug 01.
About the company:Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C.
Westamerica Bancorp (NASDAQ:WABC):
- David L Payne sold 45,939 shares at $46.20 per share for a total value of $2,122,396 on Aug 03.
About the company:Westamerica Bancorporation is the holding company for Westamerica Bank and Bank of Lake County. The Banks provide a full range of services to individual and corporate customers in northern and central California. The Company’s other subsidiaries finance accounts receivable and inventory lines of credit and term business loans, as well as providing data processing services to the Company.
Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN):
- Steven F Bouck sold 75,000 shares at $33.21 per share for a total value of $2,490,750 on Aug 24.
- Steven F Bouck sold 20,000 shares at $34.56 per share for a total value of $691,196 on Aug 26.
- James Little sold 15,443 shares at $33.62 per share for a total value of $519,234 on Aug 24.
About the company:Waste Connections, Inc. provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in secondary markets of the western United States. The Company owns and operates collection facilities, transfer stations, landfills, and recycling facilities.
Western Gas Partners LP (NYSE:WES):
- James R Crane sold 129,400 shares at $33.90 per share for a total value of $4,386,660 on Aug 12.
About the company: Western Gas Partners LP owns, operates, acquires, and develops midstream energy assets. With midstream assets in East Texas, the Rocky Mountains, the Mid-Continent and West Texas, the partnership is in the business of gathering, compressing, treating and transporting natural gas.
Weatherford International Ltd. (NYSE:WFT):
- William E Macaulay sold 129,528 shares at $16.33 per share for a total value of $2,114,855 on Aug 10.
About the company: Weatherford International Ltd. provides equipment and services used for the drilling, completion, and production of oil and natural gas wells. The Company offers drilling and intervention services, completion systems, artificial lift systems, and compression services. Weatherford conducts operations in substantially all of the oil and natural gas producing regions in the world.
Walter Energy, Inc. (NYSE:WLT):
- Michael Tokarz bought 10,000 shares at $74.75 per share for a total value of $747,500 on Aug 08.
- Michael Tokarz bought 10,000 shares at $75.00 per share for a total value of $750,000 on Aug 10.
About the company: Walter Energy, Inc. mines coal. The Company produces metallurgical and steam and industrial coal,; manufactures blast furnace, foundry, industrial and buckwheat coke; and produces light oil, coal tar, and ammonium sulfate. Walter Energy also degasifies coalbeds and sells the gas to a utility.
WMS Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WMS):
- Brian R Gamache bought 55,200 shares at $18.12 per share for a total value of $1,000,224 on Aug 08.
About the company:WMS Industries Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and leases gaming machines and video lottery terminals. The Company’s products are distributed throughout the United States and internationally.
Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE:WRC):
- Joseph R Gromek sold 70,000 shares at $49.20 per share for a total value of $3,444,077 on Aug 11.
- Charles R. Perrin bought 19,500 shares at $50.15 per share for a total value of $977,954 on Aug 11.
About the company: The Warnaco Group, Inc. manufactures intimate apparel, menswear, jeanswear, swimwear, and accessories. The Company also owns and operates Speedo Authentic Fitness stores in the United States and Canada. Warnaco’s products are sold under various brand names, including Warner’s, Olga, Calvin Klein, and Speedo.
World Acceptance Corp. (NASDAQ:WRLD):
- Mark C. Roland sold 15,000 shares at $62.68 per share for a total value of $940,245 on Aug 11.
About the company:World Acceptance Corporation operates a small-loan consumer finance business. The Company offers short-term loans, related credit insurance, and ancillary products and services to individuals. World Acceptance generally serves individuals with limited access to other sources of consumer credit from banks, savings and loans, other consumer finance businesses, and credit cards.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available SEC documents. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>