Costco Wholesale: 5 Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Costco Wholesale Corporation in Q3 2011:
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 797,370 shares, worth $65,304,603.
- ALKEON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 760,152 shares, worth $62,256,449.
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 486,100 shares, worth $39,811,590.
- SIGMA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 450,000 shares, worth $36,855,000.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 400,258 shares, worth $32,781,130.
About the company: Costco Wholesale Corporation operates wholesale membership warehouses in multiple countries. The Company sells all kinds of food, automotive supplies, toys, hardware, sporting goods, jewelry, electronics, apparel, health and beauty aids, as well as other goods.
Competitors to Watch: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT), Dollar General Corp. (NYSE:DG), BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. (NYSE:BJ), Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE:FDO), Gordmans Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMAN), Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ:DLTR), Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Bed, Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY), Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Fred’s, Inc. (NASDAQ:FRED).
(Note: Data regarding Costco Wholesale Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>