Coventry Health Care: Major Financial Institutions Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Coventry Health Care Inc. (NYSE:CVH).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Coventry Health Care Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CONTRAVISORY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 207,122 shares, worth $5,967,185.
- CR INTRINSIC INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 200,000 shares, worth $5,762,000.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 152,710 shares, worth $4,399,575.
- OXFORD ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 131,302 shares, worth $3,782,811.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 105,181 shares, worth $3,030,265.
About the company: Coventry Health Care, Inc. is a managed health care company operating health plans and insurance companies under a variety of names. The Company provides health maintenance organization, preferred provider organization, point of service, Medicare and Medicaid, and Network Rental to members in markets throughout the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast United States.
Competitors to Watch: UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE:WCG), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), Centene Corporation (NYSE:CNC), and Magellan Health Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGLN).
(Note: Data regarding Coventry Health Care Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>