CR Bard: Major Shareholders Selling Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of CR Bard Inc. (NYSE:BCR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold CR Bard Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Schermerhorn Todd C: act as Senior Vice President and CFO. On 08/15/2011, sold 52,720 shares, worth $4,877,100.
- Schermerhorn Todd C: act as Senior Vice President and CFO. On 07/15/2011, sold 33,400 shares, worth $3,735,800.
- Schermerhorn Todd C: act as Senior Vice President and CFO. On 07/22/2011, sold 33,400 shares, worth $3,356,700.
- Schermerhorn Todd C: act as Senior Vice President and CFO. On 07/01/2011, sold 30,000 shares, worth $3,335,100.
- Schermerhorn Todd C: act as Senior Vice President and CFO. On 07/29/2011, sold 26,720 shares, worth $2,631,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of CR Bard Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CRAMER ROSENTHAL MCGLYNN LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 306,411 shares, worth $33,530,556. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MADISON INVESTMENT HOLDINGS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 225,943 shares, worth $24,724,942. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- INDEPENDENCE CAPITAL ASSET PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 151,462 shares, worth $16,574,487. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EQUITY INVESTMENT CORP/GA: On 06/30/2011, held 147,758 shares, worth $16,169,158. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WOODLEY FARRA MANION PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 147,067 shares, worth $16,093,542. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: C. R. Bard, Inc. designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices. The Company sells a broad range of products worldwide to hospitals, individual healthcare professionals, extended care facilities and alternate site facilities. Bard markets vascular, urological, oncological, and surgical specialties products.
Competitors to Watch: Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX), Covidien plc (NYSE:COV), Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX), Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:MMSI), AngioDynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANGO), Angiotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANPI), Theragenics Corporation (NYSE:TGX), Rochester Medical Corp. (NASDAQ:ROCM), CONMED Corporation (NASDAQ:CNMD), and Becton, Dickinson and Co. (NYSE:BDX).
(Note: Data regarding CR Bard Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>