Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:CBST).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Moulder Leon O Jr: act as Director. On 11/04/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $183,900.
- Hutson Nancy J: act as Director. On 10/26/2011, bought 1,500 shares, worth $58,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc. in Q3 2011:
- LOOMIS SAYLES & CO L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 279,784 shares, worth $9,881,971.
- INSIGHT CAPITAL RESEARCH & MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 244,629 shares, worth $8,640,296.
- PINE RIVER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 210,800 shares, worth $7,445,456.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 183,800 shares, worth $6,491,816.
- HUTCHIN HILL CAPITAL LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 150,000 shares, worth $5,298,000.
About the company: Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug company that discovers, develops, and commercializes novel drugs to treat infections. The Company’s lead product is a unique agent with bactericidal activity that addresses the critical need for new antibiotics with potent activity against life threatening infections.
Competitors to Watch: Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPTR), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), Theravance, Inc. (NASDAQ:THRX), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), The Medicines Company (NASDAQ:MDCO) and Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT).
(Note: Data regarding Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>